Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tina
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Transportation issues

Tina, on August 9, 2019 at 13:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

We're doing a small wedding (max 80) and I'm working on figuring out guest transportation. Half the guests (34) are from out of town, but we're not doing a hotel block as about half (or more) of them will use Air BnBs. Some will want to get a place close to the venue since they'll only be here for the weekend, and others will be more central in the city 'cause they'll turn it into a longer vacation (up to a week).

Then there are our local guests. 18 live outside the city and are up to an hour away from the venue. 15 are within 20 min of the venue.

Obviously a shuttle won't work as there isn't a large enough group of people for pick-up/drop-off at a single location. I've looked into Uber Events, but that would only benefit less than half the group (assuming some people stay at hotels nearer to the venue). I feel like I need to offer something for people to get home, but I'm at a loss as to what I can do.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just drop the idea completely and put the money elsewhere in the budget? Or just do Uber Events for the 1/4 of the guests who may or may not use it?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on August 11, 2019 at 10:24
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would direct guests to a taxi service or Uber. I don’t think you need to provide transportation.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really think you need to offer anything to be honest. Most people are efficient enough to get their own taxi or uber if they aren't driving themselves. A shuttle would have been great if it was all the same drop off, but since it's not I wouldn't worry about it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Uber is less expensive than the taxi and if there is a discount if you have arrangements made for your guests to use.

School bus might be another way to get you guests at all spots coming to the wedding venue.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Many people may have their own plans as well or a DD for the night. I think providing numbers for taxis or an Uber card somewhere would be good.
    Personally I would put money somewhere else
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly how Uber Events works Smiley smile You get a code and the guest can use that code for a discount of the amount you pay Uber. You then pay Uber the amount for the number of times the code was used. I like the idea of taxi numbers at the wedding too! Thanks, I'll use that!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never used Uber ever in my life (it isn't in MB), but is there a way that Uber could make you a voucher code to give your guests like $5 off a ride and you pay them that $5 or maybe only $4 or $3 as you are getting them business?

That or just drop it and make sure you have taxi numbers listed at the wedding for guests that are from out of town and won't know the numbers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics