Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Transport Ideas

Melissa, on April 11, 2021 at 16:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hi everyone! We are currently planning our wedding for June 11, 2022 in Toronto and are in a bit of a dilemma about transport.

The hotel we will be getting ready in is only a 3 minute drive from the venue, and the place we will take photos after the ceremony is only a 4 minute drive. We have been looking into different transport companies to take us and our bridal party from the hotel to the venue, the venue to our photo location and then back to the venue again for the reception. We have looked at several different transport companies and they are all quoting $1,000+! We are struggling to justify that price considering we will be in the vehicle for a total of 15 minutes!
Just wondered if anyone else has faced the same issue and has any ideas on alternative transport? Honestly tempted to just take Ubers lol.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Isabella, on May 25, 2022 at 04:01
  • M
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Christiana! We don't have a wedding party... almost thinking Uber is the way to go at this point. So far I've had a $90 quote for the minute or two drive. I might just bite the bullet and pay that.
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! So we actually ended up booking a school bus via First Bus! Only $400 to take us from the hotel to the venue, to our photo location and then back again. Plus it will look cool in photos! Lol
  • M
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry, I didn't initially see all the responses and ideas... no need to reply unless you came up with something different than what has been discussed. Thanks!
  • M
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were you able to figure out a good alternative? I'm in Ottawa and in a similar situation... we are staying at a hotel the night before and our venue is a 4 min walk away. I was actually considering just walking to the restaurant, but not sure my mom will be up to it due to her health (she will be with me as she is walkingme downtheaisle). Trying to find a decent affordable alternative... actually toying with Uber Comfort too.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Transport for wedding will be costly especially know its the one day you want to have that service provided for the whole wedding party and pictures. For the cost of what your quoted, uber or shuttle service by the hotel may seem less expensive and better if the distance isn't that far from the hotel. I know my eldest brother and 1 cousin had transportation arranged for the family and friends to the venues and hotel which was about 2 pre events before the wedding itself and the limo they arranged the day of the wedding. The cost was high and paid by the parents.
  • E
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Emy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Uber or ask a friend who plans to stay sober
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was in the exact same issue... The only plus is I had the hotel (which supplied shuttles to the airport) send us their shuttle service contact... They are supplying us free shuttle service to our venue, as it is roughly the same as you only 3-4 minutes from hotel to venue, for all of our guests but they are charging us roughly $100/hour for any shuttle services needed after 10PM which we will be getting as we can't shuttle our guests one way and not the other...
    I would ask your hotel to if they have any shuttle services, and if not keep searching for Limo's because I don't think it should be THAT expensive for the short distance...

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point! We are not worried about the look of the car as it won’t be in photos and the guests won’t see us arrive as they’ll already be seated in the venue. It’s a 15 minute walk so a bit far to walk in heels! Will probably book several cabs rather than Uber as otherwise I’ll worry that there won’t be enough Ubers available in the area when we need to go.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Limos charge by time with a minimum and for your distance and length of use, it's not worth it. If you're not getting the car in the photos, just book a few van cabs. If the look of the car really matters to you, call a Royal Taxi or City Taxi for a more neutral looking car. Or you can call an Uber but I depending on your time of day, I find it's a lot easier to dispatch multiple cabs then trying to coordinate with a bunch of different ubers.

Where are you in Toronto? Depending on where you are, a 4 minute drive could be like a 2 minute walk lol. If that's the case, walk it and take advantage of the different scenery for a variety of pictures.

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best price I got was from a company called brentwood livery. I think with the size of your wedding party you are definitely looking at a larger vehicle. But its about the experiece that comes with it. We are paying for guest transportation to and from the hotel and our total transportation for the day is almost 1600. Think about ways you can use the transport. Since you normally have a 3 to 4 hour minimum.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yeah that's a lot of people haha. I wouldn't worry about it looking cheap or tacky. I've seen photos from weddings where the couple arrives/leaves in like an Uber minivan and it actually makes for some interesting photos. Sort of makes it a bit more realistic and less cookie cutter in my opinion.

But maybe somebody on here can give you another idea. I'm sure there must be other transport options that are more affordable!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The problem is a lot of our bridal party are coming from the UK (as I’m from there) so they don’t drive here. We may be able to find other guests who can drive us to the venue, but that won’t really work for the photos after the ceremony, as we’d have to ask that guest to miss cocktail hour and then wait in the car while we have photos taken! Also we have a huge bridal party as we are two brides and have 6 bridesmaids each 🙈 I wonder if we could just book regular taxis? I’m just not sure if that will look cheap and tacky 😅
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can you arrange for a family member or two to drive you? Or is anyone in the bridal party driving? I think paying that much money for a total of like 10 minutes in the vehicle is not worth it at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics