Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KELLY
Super October 2023 Ontario

Traditions and Superstitions 🤞

KELLY, on May 31, 2022 at 11:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Hey All!

What traditions and superstitions are you sticking with? Something Old, Borrowed and Blue? Jump The Broom? Crush the Glass? First Look at the Alter?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on June 8, 2022 at 12:44
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé is ultra traditional so were keeping a lot of the traditions minus father giving me away and jumping the broom and crushing the glass

i however am not and will find the smallest ways to incorporate these things

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing New: dress, old/blue my mothers ring, borrowed: my MIL is lending me earrings.

We are spending the night at different hotels. Will return to his room since his hotel will be closer to the venue. Plus I told my family they can stay at our place since the day after we are renting a cottage for our honeymoon.

I am not doing a first glance, I want him to see me walking down the aisle and him being surprised to see me all glammed up.

• Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the only one we're having is the "I'm doing the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"
    something old: my pair of champagne & black lace heels
    something new: wedding dress
    something borrowed: sister-in-law's wedding veil
    something blue: my wedding ring

• S
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Shelley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue as well as the sixpence in her shoe. I have the photo session planned out with my photographer where my Dad will place the sixpence (real!) in my left shoe shortly before we walk down the aisle.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not do a lot of traditional things. I think the only tradition we did was cake cutting. We spent the night before together, did a first look, didn't do a bouquet or garter toss. I didn't do something new, old, borrowed and blue.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Something blue is my garter, something new is my dress and shoes, something old is my baba's necklace and something borrowed is my moh's pearl hair clips
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We won’t see each other once we leave for our appointments. Our venue is 45 minutes away and all of our hair, makeup etc is near our house.

I am also doing something old, new, borrowed and blue… what are you having for those?
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're staying the night apart and seeing each other at the alter. I'm also doing something old something new something borrowed something blue.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only traditional thing we did was spending the night/morning before apart - It was also practical because my family and friends were staying at the hotel so I stayed there and then the guys used it to get ready the next day after I left to get ready at the venue. My husband and I spent the night there after the wedding as well so we wouldn’t have to come back to reality right away!

Other than that, I feel like we didn’t do a single traditional thing - I even walked myself down the aisle.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I insisted on seeing my wife in her dress for the first time down the aisle and at the altar, rather than doing a first look.

• Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only one we've considered/discussed is not seeing each other on the morning of the wedding. I will be staying at the hotel and getting ready there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics