Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Traditional gown vs unconventional dress

Leah, on March 3, 2018 at 21:51 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
I’m opting to forgo a traditional wedding gown, in favour of a dress/designer that just feels right (I’ll know it, when I see it...I’m also thinking colour!).

Why? Bc I’ve no desire to spend a ton of money on a gown, and it seems more pragmatic to put the funds to go towards my partner getting a custom suit that he’ll wear more than once and have for years.

Anyone else going for non traditional?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Marina, on March 8, 2018 at 20:49
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I was initially planning on going with an unconventional dress, as it is more “me” than a wedding dress. BUT then I fell in love with a designer gown. I would never expect me to wear a ball gown and here I am! However it is really modern, so still feels like “me”.

Of course alwsys embrace your personality and don’t forget it's YOUR special day, but also never say never Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is a great idea! If this is what makes you feel great and makes you happy than all the better!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go for non-traditional if that's what makes you happy! Your wedding day should all be about doing what makes you feel your absolute best, not sticking with tradition. Tradition has been overlooked so many times already in weddings, and I absolutely love color dresses, I think it's a great way to express yourself. Go for it!Smiley heart

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t feel like myself in the white dresses I tried on, so ordered a rose quartz tulle skirt and am having an off-white top made by a local designer/seamstress. I’m excited to wear it. Do what makes you feel good!

Traditional gown vs unconventional dress 1
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea!
  • Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!
  • Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I’ll post pics when I’ve found something!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not going untraditional, but I love that you are doing something that feels right for you. I think doing something bold or different really shows someone's personality, and it sounds like you and your fiance have decided on something that works for both of you! Happy dress shopping Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm forgoing the traditional white. This is my gown Smiley smile

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm looking at long white dresses that look bridal, but not super sequined and poofy/ballgown-y. Then I hope to be able to shorten the dress to knee length after the wedding so I can wear it again sometime. So still traditional enough, but versatile too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics