Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Toughest part of planning?

Alyx, on February 2, 2022 at 00:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

What has been the toughest part of the planning process for you ladies? I’ve got a couple areas.

1-Actually sticking to the budget of $25k I would LOOOVE tips on how to get it even lower but at this point costs keep coming up and we’re sitting st 31k 🤦🏼‍♀️
2- Picking our songs. For some reason reception songs we can’t fully agree on lol 😆 but ceremony were good!
3- timeline , I liked the idea of doing a first look to make our day less rushed and enjoy more moments but my fiancé is not on board for a first look. So it’s all a little rushed! 🤷🏼‍♀️
Suggestions and tips welcomed. ❤️

23 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on February 6, 2022 at 21:49
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I totally understand and agree with you. Hahaa
    I had to do the same for my hubby. I was pushing him to look into the groomsmen suits, shirts and shoes. And he had the audacity to be frustrated with me. Hahaha!! Same with the vows too. Haha! He was the one that wanted for us to say vows, then he was thinking to switch it later. I’m like nope! 😂 But yeah, setting up deadlines for them would help.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The toughest part of the planning process was searching for vendors to fit the budget and to make the payments made living on a smaller scale pay checks. |t wasn't easy as the cake to choose for tiers as showpiece or to the exact. I did make the right choice as he did see the view and not wasting as much opposed to pay for the frosting of fake tiers.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I love the deadline for him I’m definitely going to use that 😂😂 he’s definitely the procrastinator in the relationship 😬
    He told me he will probably make his vows at 3 am the night before 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve already made my vows 😂
    But hey they say opposites attract 🤍🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, that’s the tough part too… seating chart! Hahaha! But yeah, wishing you all the luck on that! Haha

Yes, that’s sweet. Sometimes they need a say eh… haha. Then we have to give it to them because it’s their wedding too. 😂😂 I had to learn that, but some of his ideas were wild. 🤦🏽‍♀️
    Well give him a deadline to come up with some. Or he’ll have to deal with the list you created. Hahaha!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Budgeting was not a problem for us. While we had to shift certain things around, we never crossed our hard final cost.

One tough part during planning was vendors being coy about their vaccination status. The amount of dodging got to the point where I would ask new vendors in the initial inquiry email, just to get it out of the way. Thankfully the vaccine mandates made it easier to navigate that conversation.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I guess that just wasn’t meant to be!! I had a bit of a panic moment but I was able to find a lady in my town! She’s the only lady in my town the closest city to me is 2 hours away… She said if it’s not too much work she can take it on so fingers crossed! 🤞🏼
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no I'm so sorry. Though wedding dresses are so much and so easy to destroy. It's better to have a professional than to have your dress ruined. I'm sure she really wanted to do it but realized she was way over her head maybe. I had a friend who went to a professional and on the day of her wedding her father was actually sewing her into her dress because the person messed it up so badly. It's better to be safe than sorry I think. I hope it all works out and isn't too much.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I agree !! There are sooo many choices, I also wanted to pick someone who all my bridesmaids and mother , gma ect. Would like too!

Im glad you found someone!! Doesn’t it feel good checking off those boxes!!?

Awe I’m so sorry 🤍🤍🤍 praying for your grandpa 🙏🏻🤍 sending love to you 🤍
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are very good at budgeting ! Hopefully I get better one day! Lol

I had the worst call this morning and actually cried about it 🤦🏼‍♀️ My Aunty had agreed to doing my wedding dress alterations and she text me this morning saying she thinks it’s probably better if I got somebody else.. I felt stupid for even asking her because my grandma told me my Aunty wanted to do it as a gift. Anyway so now I’ll probably have to fork out another 500 dollars. I was not expecting extra costs to come up like they have been lately 🙃😭
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes the family input … I sent my seating chart to my grandma yesterday and she called me back saying we need to move a few people around … oh do we now??? 🤦🏼‍♀️

I don’t mind either way about a first look, I think both ways could be fun so I let him decide on that! Oh no not the rain 🥺

Our dj wants us to create a must play playlist and I have showed my fiancé and he does not like them 😂😂
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am very thankful nothing has been too tough YET, but the one thing that WAS was picking my dang make up artist!!! Too many great choices and all within the same price-point. I finally picked one tho that I felt the best vibe with.

I feel those of you with family issues. My gramps just was diagnosed with Cancer and starting chemo soon, so likely will not be able to attend my wedding, and my family is so small as it is. I will be so sad to not have him there but his health is FAR more important to me than him being able to be there.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes our venue is our caterer and for the 70 people (10 being children) it will be around $9000 altogether. Even with our minimum of 80 adult pricing it would have been around $11000 but that is food, venue and alcohol. We have a grand antipasto cocktail hour, family style meal (could have chosen plated), dessert and open bar. It really is an amazing price for all that is included.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My toughest part of planning was dealing with my guests list. And also dealing with my family’s input. Haha. But so happy that’s over with. 😁

My hubby was not into the first look either. So we did not do it. But we would have had enough time for photos during the cocktail hours but the rain decided otherwise.
    What do you mean by reception songs?
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome!! I wish I budgeted better haha

Our venue is 8000, 100 person wedding. catering is 5000 so there goes a big chunk of change 😬 Thankfully my grandma bought my wedding dress, we have some help from our families, my Aunty is buying the cake as a gift and my uncle is doing our favours as a gift …. I thought wed be good budget wise because of that but then I added hair extensions, alcohol and decor rental and the bachelorette and other things I don’t necessarily need lol 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it's been a roller-coaster! But I'm crossi my fingers for this year!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've definitely been able to keep under our $25000 budget but only because the venue was such a great deal. The winter pricing was a huge savings. Plus since covid hit we have been let out of the 80 person minimum we had before so that has saved us a bit as well. Plus we saved big with having our ceremony at a different venue because of us having summer wedding now. I got my dress online and saved SO much as well. I'm doing my own flowers and 90% of the decorations which has saved us too. Our wedding is also on the smaller side with about 70 people. The hardest part about everything has definitely been the postponing twice. This will hopefully be our year!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Samee!! I try to cut costs any place I can!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so awesome you found a less expensive option that will definitely help you save in the long run!!!
    I’m just realizing now I need to start trying to cut costs wherever I can!!!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe I’m sorry Amanda 🤍🤍 i can’t even imagine all the emotions you guys have been through!
    I feel like this will be your year!!!! It has to be 🥰
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that dang Pinterest!!! I totally agree! Lately I’ve been thinking do I really need all of this? Trying to cut back a bit (decor wise)

Oh yes the dress will get ya!!! I totally agree!!!
    I can relate to that as well , my fiancé aunts have MS and he has a very small family so then not being able to come has been hard for him and Ofcourse guests are unsure about Covid and he has lots of elderly in his family who live far away, it’s a tough thing!! My love to you guys and good luck with your special day 🥰
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We also thought we could do a simple wedding for $5000 😂 Thankfully we are only looking at $**** total. But I also almost bought a $2500 dress!! I ended up finding one at a consignment store for $1000!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Toughest part for us has been postponing twice and not having any idea if this year will happen. I hate the unknown

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally agree with sticking to a budget, or having realistic expectations. I think Pintrest has made that hard lol! I originally said we could do something super small in our backyard...less then $5000! No photographers, just a casual white dress for less then $200. Now we have a full venue, twice the guests list and the wedding dress i'm buying is almost $2500. Opps.

A hard thing for us has been my Fiancé's half of the guest list. He's lived in Alberta for over 20 years, but all of his family is in Ontario and is elderly. We don't think anyone but his mom and sister are going to come and I know he's disappointed. Covid really hasn't helped the situation any either.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics