Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amie
Devoted August 2019 British Columbia

Too big or too small? Help!

Amie, on May 21, 2019 at 22:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Hi everyone!

Please tell me your opinion. I need to order my BM a personalized robe (I asked her months after the others so when I did the first order, she wasn’t included). FYI - our relationship kinda blossomed in the last few months so it felt right to ask her!

Anyways, my dilemma- she’s a size 12. The robes are SOLD OUT and out of stock for a size M/L which would fit her perfectly.

o I either buy a S/M and have it a bit too tight (fits up to a size 10) OR
i buy her L/XL and have it oversized - but this will fit up to a size 20.

I don’t want to insult her because like most of us, she has body image issues. I don’t want her to think I view her bigger than she is.

Ive contacted the company and they won’t have her size in by the wedding. The robes are personalized so I can’t swap sizes with someone else either. The robes are a surprise so I don’t want to ask her opinion.

So that being said, what would you prefer? A robe too big or a robe too small?

I thought going S/M but my fiancé said order bigger and at least she will wear it again? He’s a guy though and doesn’t understand body dysmorphia.

Help!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on June 8, 2019 at 22:23
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Melissa I would have gone a bigger size.

• Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ladies for the input. I did give her a call prior to placing the order and asked her opinion. She requested the smaller robe so that’s what I ordered. I hope it fits.
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go bigger. She might feel down on herself if she goes to put the robe on and it's too small. Bigger is better with robes!

• Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would rather have a too big robe! You can wrap them around your body so they're still snug. Too big also means that you can fit pjs and such under if you wanted to. I personally would hate to have a robe where I couldn't wear just undergarments underneath because when I sat or walked around it opened/split to reveal things underneath.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am that size and I would rather it be a tad small than overly huge. I'm short though, if she was tall not sure if she would be comfortable with the shorter length. Will you have time when it gets here if you order it larger to get it altered or even want to pay for alterations on a robe?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely agree with Lynn - you could always order the bigger robe and have it taken in!
  • L
    Beginner September 2019 Manitoba
    Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I would give you a suggestion even though you already asked your BM. You can always get the larger one and have it taken in. This way she can close it and enjoy it like the other ladies.

• Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Sara. I actually decided to call her and ask her. It was bugging me way too much. She chose the smaller robe and said she can wear it open if need be.

It was a touchy subject so I thought it was better to kill the surprise and just ask her.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say definitely get her the bigger size. It’s less embarrassing to wear something that’s bigger than something that won’t fit. I know from experience having to say “it doesn’t fit” hurts more than you might think.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics