Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Grain+Honey
Newbie September 2021 British Columbia

To Veil or Not to Veil?

Grain+Honey, on April 28, 2020 at 23:21 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Hi, everyone!

Curious to know if there are any brides on here who had or have a backless wedding dress and chose to wear a veil?
I haven’t been able to find many photos to compare it to - maybe I’m just wording it wrong?
Either way, would love to know your opinions! Would you wear a veil with a backless?
If yes, what length? Design or plain?
If no, why not?
Thanks!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 15:26
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not i want people to see the back of my dress!! plus i dont want to take away from my hair style

• J
    Beginner June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Late to comment. I have a backless dress and have a custome made cathedral veil. My hair will be in a low bun. I just like the look for ceremony and some photos with veils are just to die for. Wont be wearing it to the reception
  • Tracey
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have very low back dress but its my second wedding and didn't want to bother with a veil which I would take out after ceremony and pics.
  • C
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cathedral veil hands down! It is so timeless and completes the entire bride feel.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is backless. I won’t be wearing a veil. My hair will be done and it’s kind long like to my mid back
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress wasn't backless - but it was an illusion back dress? I wore a cathedral length veil!

Personally I think that the veil has more to do with the length and style of the dress rather than what the back is so I would go based off of that. Either way though, I'm always team veil, you just need to find one that suits the dress you have Smiley smile

• V
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Violetta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a very low back wedding dress and choose a cathedral veil, knew from the beginning the veil I wanted..BEST DECISION EVER. Not sure if you will have your ceremony in a church, but it perfect for the church ! It also depends on the fabric you choose because you can definitely see the detail of your wedding dress still if you opt out for a different material. Both cathedral, chapel and floor are beautiful lengths but it also depends on the type of wedding dress you have.
  • Erin
    Newbie May 2022 British Columbia
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is backless and I am wearing a long plain cathedral type veil (no piece covering my face though) it doesn’t take away from the details of the dress because it’s plain and you can see through it Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is not lowcut. I’m team veil- I’m also doing a cathedral veil. Whichever you choose is your choice Smiley smile keep in mind the veil is usually only for the pics/ ceremony portion. I’m taking mine off for reception
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a pretty low cut back on my gown and I went with a cathedral length veil. It was one of the things I knew I wanted. It is ivory with lace appliques on the bottom that go Perfect with my dress. I have a lot of fine detailing on my dress that you see through it no problem and I don't think it takes away from the back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics