Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

To veil or not to veil...

Stephanie, on May 26, 2019 at 07:49 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

Hi All!

I am really debating on wearing a veil on my wedding day. I wasn't going to until my fiancé mentioned it...

If I do choose to wear one, I need your opinion on what style/length I should go for. My dress is a Sottero and Midgley in the colour vintage blush. The colour is basically why I'm debating purchasing a veil. I have a feeling I won't be able to find a matching colour...

Really appreciate your help on this!

Front To veil or not to veil... 1

Back of dressTo veil or not to veil... 2

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on May 28, 2019 at 13:18
  • Stephanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much for all your feedback!! Very good suggestions!
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say veil. You can remove it after the ceremony and you get a few pics with the veil.
    You can find blush veils on Etsy. After the ceremony you can wear the halo as Valerie said for your reception. This way you have both your options and no regrets imo 😊
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The gown is BEAUTIFUL! Perfect amount of lace in the skirt.

Since the overlay of your dress is a different colour from the skirt, I'd try and match that! It won't clash with the vintage blush of your skirt/underlay!

If you are worried about it though, I would try and keep it short, like an elbow-length veil.

I also think your dress is delicate enough that you could pull off something similar to this, in your hair, as an alternative.

Bridal HaloTo veil or not to veil... 3

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg I love that gown. My first thought was do a shorter veil. Not sure about colour
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I never care for short veils so my recommendation will always be mid length or longer. For this dress I would say about elbow length though - nothing with detail unless it matches your dress though.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with Kelsie. I would do a shorter veil so it doesn’t cover the back of your dress.
    Or you could wear a longer one but make sure it doesn’t have too much detail to not take away from your dress
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do a birdcage veil.. then it won't take away from anything on your dress.. I'm wearing one but not for the whole night.. if you're unsure just wear it for the ceremony for your fiance, take some pictures and then take it off.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do a shorter veil so you can see the lace on the back!
  • A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're dress is beautiful! I would keep your veil simple shop it doesn't over power the beautiful lace on your dress. As for length where is your ceremony? That may dictate wether you keep it shorter or longer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics