Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

To invite or not invite co workers

Amanda, on September 8, 2020 at 16:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
I'm wondering what your opinion is on inviting co workers to your wedding. I work in a small veterinary clinic and have known alot of my co workers for more than 5 years, we have socialized outside of work only a few times. I have a couple girls who I'm closer to how do I politely invite them and not the others without upsetting people. I don't want people to feel less important than the others but I'm just not as close to them as I am some. Would appreciate some insight!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 9, 2020 at 15:59
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok perfect idea 👍. They all know I'm aiming for a small wedding so I'm sure they will understand.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did the same thing at my old workplace. I actually sent the invitations to their homes so it wasn't something I did at work. I also invited EVERYONE to the wedding shower or Jack & Jill although we didn't end up having either due to the pandemic.
    I would definitely just have it delivered privately to their home or outside of work and let them know only certain people are invited due to "restrictions"

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both used to work at the same place and it was really small (~10 people) and we only invited some of our coworkers. Our rule was anyone we hung out with consistently outside of work, basically beyond a work acquaintance, got an invite. We also didn’t post a lot about it or talk to a lot of people about our plans to not hurt anyone’s feelings, but we’re pretty sure they’re fine since everyone’s been so supportive
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's pretty common to only invite some coworkers and not others, even in small work settings. If they weren't that close to you to begin with, I honestly think they wouldn't feel hurt for not being invited. On the contrary, it's probably nice that they won't feel obligated to spend money on outfits and gifts to attend a wedding by someone they're not particularly close with.

If you're still afraid that people will be weird about it, tell the coworkers who are attending not to talk about it during work and not post anything on social media.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics