Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beebride
Newbie May 2021 Nova Scotia

To grow or not to grow...

Beebride, on February 3, 2020 at 18:48 Posted in Beauty 0 8
Hi everyone! I have over a year until I get married and have been taking biotin supplements to help my hair grow...my hair is currently shoulder length and I feel like its growing at the back at the front it is still pretty short. I'm not sure whether to just give up with it and cut it or to wait it out. Also I keep seeing pictures of lovely boho style bridal hair with waves which I've attached🙈

Do I keep growing in the hope my hair will be more 'bridal'??To grow or not to grow... 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 4, 2020 at 17:04
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep growing it!! grow it as long as you can and then decide close to your wedding date if you want to cut it!

• Beebride
    Beebride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't chosen my dress yet so I definitely get what you mean by seeing how it looks! Will try and hold off on any hair cutting decisions until I try some on!
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat, and I've decided to grow my hair even though I never thought I would be going back to having long hair. I did "the chop" about three years ago and I've pretty much maintained a bob length since but lately I've been missing my long hair (and the ability to put it up in a bun!)

I'm going to agree with everyone else and say grow it for now, if you change your mind closer to the wedding then give it a chop.

Have you chosen your dress yet? The way my short hair looked with the neckline on my dress is one of the factors that made me choose to grow my hair out

• Beebride
    Beebride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm at that point with my hair where I'm fed up trying to grow it and know it'll get to an awkward length soon, but better persevering with it! I've managed to grow it from short to long (not quite waist length but nearly) in the past🤔 If the temptation gets too much then extensions will be an expensive option later on 😅
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting extensions through my hair stylist because my hair is literally too thin to do anything with 😂

It’s an extra cost but also good to know I have the extensions and can get the hairstyle I really want.
    Have you considered getting extensions?
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would grow it out and see if you like it. Mine is about the same length and I'll be seeing how long it is by August or September to make my final decision about length and style.

I've had hair just above my shoulders put into an updo before, so I know I can fall back on that if I need to. But like you I keep falling for these long (romantic) looks!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Honeylie say grow it out for now and about a week before the wedding you can cut it if you don’t like it. It’s cheaper to cut hair that’s too long than it is to get extensions on hair that you think is too short.
  • Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!! I am growing out my hair for as long as possible until my wedding. That way, a month before, I can have it trimmed to my liking if I decide on going shorter ! I say grow it out and see how you feel as your wedding gets closer 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics