Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megann
Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick

To cake or not to cake?

Megann, on February 16, 2018 at 12:50 Posted in DIY 0 9
I have a french pastry diploma, I love to bake and I’m getting married in September. Naturally, I want to make my own cake or cakes, as a buffet. It’s a small 55-people wedding & reception, family dinner style. There’s no need to go over the top, but I have been told by a few people that I should leave the baking to someone else that isnt getting married...Should I?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kathleen, on February 26, 2018 at 00:06
  • Kathleen
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to make my own too— my fiancé said we’ll have too much on the go though, and he’d rather pay someone else to have the stress of it. If you can alleviate the stress/time it will take— id agree with everyone else. Unfortunately we can’t do it all!
  • Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say the same as others. It's great when your passion can be incorporated into your wedding day, I say. Good luck, and hopefully you can post what you went with Smiley winking

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    By everyone’s comments, I should do it! As long as I plan in advance, why not. Thanks everyone for the support I needed Smiley laugh
  • Lauren
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say do it. It’s your wedding!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should bake your own cake! Your guests will love it!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that if you really want to make your cake or cakes then go for it!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you wish to bake your own cake and pastries, go for it. You don't need a baker if you have the skills to bake and decorate.

Only thing i ever these days that goes to waste is cake. If you like french pasties assortment for the guests while the top tier as your only cake.

We had 72 guests and did two desserts choices. They were served with as a duo (crème brulée as our chosen dessert) picked on the menu.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is really cool!! I wish I had pastry skills Smiley shame

What if you baked something for your shower or the rehearsal dinner? The biggest argument against cooking for your own wedding is time!! With plans and pictures and hair and makeup - the day of your wedding will be super busy.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you plan it right, you can do it yourself. I think people say that because they expect you to have lots of last minute things to do, but I think if you're organized, you can get all those "last minute things" done before the last minute.

If this is something you like to do, and have done in the past, I say go for it! It'll be a nice touch.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics