Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user November 2017 Ontario

To bustle or not to bustle? to do a top or bottom bustle ?

Chris, on August 24, 2017 at 07:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I have no idea if I should bustle or not bustle.
Should I do a top bustle (whichever that means) or a bottom bustle (whichever that means).
Does anyone have pros and cons? Recommendations? What are you doing ?
Thanks

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on August 25, 2017 at 14:58
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a bustle put in as i had a chapel length train and I didn't want anyone to step on it all night. I got an over bustle done, the seamstress put in a loop on the train that loops onto the buttons on the back of my dress. I love the way it looks and it is so practical as well!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bustled my dress because my train jad a good length to it (cathedral length). It was an over bustle (i.e. loop and button).
    I had a friend whose dress had a pretty short train, so she just used the loop for hanging the train on a hanger around her wrist. It worked for her and the style of dress she had. Maybe that is an option for your dress.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I depends on how the back of your dress is! My favourite is the French bustle. You can google different types of bustles and see what works best. I will make make sure you get your seams stress to put the ties in your dress for the bustle anyway, even if you don't use it. It would awful on the day for you to drag your dress around and not have a solution if you change your mind.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there Kris. What does your dress look like? How long is your train? I absolutely recommend a bustle - I used to think I hated them, but there are actually so many kinds out there that I've fallen in love with several styles! It's important that the bustle suits the fabric and style of your dress. Your seamstress will be able to make a recommendation and pin a few different options for you to see before you commit. Ask about price though, often this service is charged by the number of pickups you have.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My train isn't that long, but it isn't practical to be towing it around all night, so I have a bustle. Plus, my wedding is outside so I'd rather not be tracking it around in grass and dirt all day. I know I can't avoid getting dirty, but it won't be quite as bad bustled up.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting a bustle put in my dress. It will definitely make it easier throughout the night. I am getting a top bustle which is when it is pulled up and hooked on the outside of the dress. My dress is an organza bottom so a top bustle just looked nicer. A top bustle is easier to break so make sure that your seamstress puts extra measures in place to hold it throughout the night.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got bustle put on my dress. It will make it easier for dancing and walking around to socialize all night. I don't have a large train on my dress but I wanted to make sure that people wouldn't be stepping on it and stuff.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics