Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Tips for your hotel block

Joey, on February 23, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 4

I don't know about you, but I was totally confused about how to set up a hotel block for my guests when it came time to plan my wedding. Are you organizing a block of rooms for your guests? How are you telling your guests about their hotel options? How many hotels are you arranging blocks with? How do you make sure you get a good rate? Ask your questions and share your tips and tricks here!

Tips for your hotel block 1

Photo of Old Mill Toronto

If you're at a loss for how to get started, like I was, these articles should help:

7 Essential Questions You Need to Answer Before Reserving Hotel Room Blocks

9 Things to Think About When Choosing Your Wedding Guest Accommodation

4 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on March 2, 2018 at 15:54
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The hotel the wedding is booked at included some room blocks, with the wedding package: 10 for the night before and 30 the night of. Although I feel like it's not enough since there is a lot of out of town guests coming from far away so most would probably want to stay both nights. I feel like I need 50 the night of and maybe even 30 the night before!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I google my venue and used the map option to find hotels around it. I then called the 4 closest ones and asked for prices and what they included. I was able to narrow it down to two. One regular and one all suite in order to give my guests options. One included discounted breakfast and one includes breakfast. Both with throw in upgrades and amenities based on how many actual rooms you book and both have no financial obligation to you if guests do not book the minimum amount of rooms. They want your business so don't be afraid to negotiate! I got the all suites one to come down $10 in price Smiley smile hope this helps!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We called the local hotel, only one option unfortunately, and asked them to reserve a block for the weekend of the wedding. They gave us a certain number of rooms at first and then told us we could add more if needed. We sent an e-mail to everyone that we had the block and told them to mention it when booking to get the discounted price. as rooms were needed we added more.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is really handy! Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics