Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Merveille & Loïc
Beginner July 2024 Quebec

Tips for vendors

Merveille & Loïc, on August 24, 2023 at 17:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hi everyone, we are getting married next July and are trying to secure all our vendors while keeping our budget from exploding 😅. Do you have any advice on rules when it comes to tipping the vendors? What is a reasonnable tip percentage for you? I am thinking, florist, videographer, photographer, limo driver, DJ (although he is included in the costs of the venue with the F&B...). Thanks everyone, I look forward to your replies!

15 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on September 7, 2023 at 12:20
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amanda that is a great idea!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The gift card idea is really nice, agreed.

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been told that if they have their own company or work for themselves, a tip isn’t expected. If they’re with a company then it’s appreciated. I like the above gift card idea if you are going to tip! Weddings are so expensive and it adds up so fast.
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Indeed! Where are you getting married? Also don’t be shy to ask for a discount or payment instalments . Worst thing that will happen is they will say no. Then you’ll know and will compare vendors and do what’s also best for you. I met with very nice people who were willing to giving me small discounts or give me more time to make payments. Hang in there and good luck!
  • I
    Newbie July 2024 Manitoba
    Ikram ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This!! I just started contacting venders and goodness! Everything is so expensive! I am following for tips.
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes in some contracts it is stated, some vendors already put in the service fees on the contracts as well. For me I want to show a token of my appreciation to my florist, photographer and videographer as it is their own business and it is not a huge company. For the limo driver I am thinking I would tip because I tip cab driver and Uber drivers so why not the limo driver. Again it will also depend on the service I get :-). It definitely adds up fast and Amanda suggestion of gift cards is really thoughtful.
    Good luck!!
  • Cristina
    Newbie October 2023 Quebec
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my I didn't even know we had to tip! Everything is so expensive and on top of it all we also tip? That's a first.

• Merveille & Loïc
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Carine! This is very helpful!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check your contract as some add the tip in with their services. But there's no rule of percentage, whatever you feel, and who you want to tip or you think deserve a tip.

• Merveille & Loïc
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it's more personal that way instead of just cash you know?!
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Amanda! I really like this idea!
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it does add up really fast. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me! I was thinking of doing something similar but for certain people
    I do like the idea of a gift certificate for a restaurant they like. Thank you!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I struggled with this because the suggested percentage amount online was pretty steep to us so we ended up putting $50.00 in some and $100.00 in other envelopes with a Thank You card and handwritten note. We tipped: the make up artist, hair stylist, photographer, catering staff (x 4, chef, head waiter, waiter, and bartender), and the band (x 2), so it adds up!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only tipped our photographer and coordinator We asked them what was there favorite restaurant and gave them a gift card.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics