Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Tips for Travelling with wedding dress on airplane

Jillian, on July 20, 2022 at 23:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 5
Any tips or tricks on travelling on a plane (aircanada specifically) with a wedding dress as a carry on?
I’ve read some planes will have closets available.
I’ve been researching actual garment carry ons- any recommendations?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Pat, on July 12, 2023 at 16:56
  • P
    Ontario
    Pat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If flying business class or premium economy with Air Canada or any other airline I am assuming can use the closet to hang up wedding attire? In this case, I think it may be worth the extra cost!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some flights do have closets for clothing to hang by asking the check in desk. Overhead bin is the other option if you no one else putting their bags in the same bin as yours. If sharing, try placing it on top of the bags to avoid any creases. Suiter bag helps to keep clothing safe and in one piece fir travelling if you feel safer that way.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be super careful with your dress and keep an eye on it. Too many people are loosing their items lately through the airlines

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With the horror stories about luggage and flights going on lately I would just hold it in my lap.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had to transport my dress from Toronto to Calgary via airplane. I flew with westjet. When I got to my gate I asked the worker and she let me know the plane didn't have a closet and it would have to go in an overhead bin. Once I got onto the plane I found an empty overhead bin near my seat and carefully put my dress in it. I watched it like a hawk to monitor for anyone who looked like they were going to put something in the same bin but no one even tried. Then shortly after a flight attendant closed the bin so just my dress was in there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics