Skip to main content
Ashley
Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia

Tipping vendors? Money or gift?

Ashley, on March 14, 2018 at 21:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Saved

Hello!
We defiantly want to tip our photographer and DJ/MC, what is most appropriate? Money? or a gift/gift card?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 16, 2018 at 13:38
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    I fullly agree with Jen since they are catering to you for their services on the day. I prepared thank you cards to give our vendors. The only that received a gift was the wedding coordinator at the venue taking care of everything for breakfast and reception.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute

I would say Cash.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute

We tipped our vendors with cash as that was easiest and one less thing to put in the car and bring to the wedding.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    Oh this is a great question I was wondering the same. The girls are right (based on what I have read) - if they own the company a gift would be nice, if they are an employee - cash tip is best received!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    I agree with both previous posters! If the person owns their company then you could give them a small gift, while if they’re an employee of a company then tip them cash ☺️
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute

Keep in mind too that if they own the company you do not need to tip them as they receive that full amount.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute

I think cash is always appreciated the most. Unless you know them well and know they love a particular store or something, I'd go for cash.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics