Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2024 Ontario

Tipping Vendors

Caitlin, on September 17, 2024 at 08:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hi all! I did try and take a look through the discussion boards out there and wasn’t seeing anything too recent (ie 2024). I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts are / what people did, in regard to tipping? I’m an October 2024 bride in Ontario.

My thoughts being everything is so expensive as it is, and while I want to appreciate a good service, I’m also torn as to whether these sort of fees are built into the original cost. If I go by the formula of anywhere between 10 to 20% based off of the type of vendor, in some cases I’m looking at a $500 tip which just doesn’t seem reasonable to me. But perhaps I’m wrong? If it is percentage base, is there a hard cut off? (Ie 20% up to $200)
We have: hair, makeup, MC, officiant, DJ, planner, photographer and videographer

4 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 15, 2024 at 20:59
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We thought so too and our two vendors really loved the thoughtful gift as well

• The Magoks
    Beginner May 2026 Alberta
    The Magoks ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a great idea!!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Caitlin,

I hear you - going by the percentage felt like a large amount on top of already a premium price. So we just decided on an amount $50-$100 and put in an envelope with a Thank You Card.

We tipped hair & make up, photographer, catering staff (bartender, chef, and 2 servers), and live band.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I only tipped our photographer and our day of coordinator. We had asked them what their favorite restaurant was and gave them a gift card . Something a bit more personal

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics