Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Desiree
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Tipping of vendors

Desiree, on July 7, 2021 at 10:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Ok I’m curious is tipping really a thing to do for your wedding if so how much and to who . If you have had a wedding recently did you tip or not?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 18, 2021 at 13:23
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A Gracious Bride’s Wedding Vendor Tipping Guide | Southern ... www.southernliving.com/weddings/tipping-wedding-vendors Here is a link to let you know how much to tip and to which vendor. There are many guides to check out tipping vendors based on whom is working for the company to be tipped and the vendors themselves providing the service who don't get tipped. You can give a card with the tip included to Thank them and make them feel appreciated for what they do as professionals.
  • Katerina
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katerina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very interested to hear the answers to these questions! I've been wondering the same.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a very good question!
    I did not think about tipping, but thought of giving a token of some kind. I’m still looking into that. But that’s a good option to think about, tipping or token of appreciation. Haha
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me again - we also made sure to leave Google reviews for every single vendor/shop/business.
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should add, I do not think it's expected but it's definitely greatly appreciated.
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a lot of digging into this because we really wanted to do the right thing. Gratuity was in our venue bill so we didn't need to worry about that so then we did what Christina just said - those working for a company who provided an exceptional service to us (salons, videographer, DJ... likely forgetting someone now...). We did give our photographers a gift (gift cards to favourite local shops) after our legal ceremony.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Obvious ones to tip are caterers/bartenders/venues because they’re typically (hopefully) passing the tips on to the servers and other service type jobs likely making close to minimum wage. A lot of these vendors will have gratuity worked into the contract so you probably won’t even have to think about it. Also anyone providing services like hair or makeup that works for a company you’ve hired similar to if you’d be in a salon. If you’re hiring them directly though I don’t think it’s mandatory because they can set their price.
    Otherwise I think it’s just up to you and whether you think they are deserving of a tip. But I’ve never worked in the wedding industry so others may have differing opinions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics