Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shauna
Beginner August 2019 Ontario

Tipping for makeup and hair trials

Shauna, on March 28, 2019 at 13:35 Posted in Beauty 0 16

Hello beautiful brides !!

I have my makeup and hair trial coming up for my August wedding and i'm curious if any of you have tipped or if it is customary to for these trials?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 04:11
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Shauna,

You should definitely tip for your trials. Hair/makeup is one of those services that you can't not tip on (especially for your wedding). They will go the extra mile for you on your wedding day if they are the ones you also end up hiring.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’d say find out for sure if your person is working alone or for a company, then you’d know for sure how much she’s profiting off of you. Best of luck!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My thoughts exactly!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave her like $5 tip at each trial because she is still giving me her time and all the bobby pins I went home with in my hair, plus she has just been so fantastic to work with. I am taking this out of the tip I'm giving her the day of though.

• Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah it's so tough! I'm just not sure if they expect it for the trial but totally for the day of. Really they should be impressing you so you book with them right, and if you don't they keep the deposit so it almost is a tip in itself Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not! I kind of regret it TBH... But I will tip on the wedding day for sure!

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just had my hair and makeup trial this past weekend. Was contemplating on tip or no tip - ended up tipping just $20. Will tip again on the day of weddin as well
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the trial I will probably tip a small amount just because I already put down a huge deposit.. but the day of, she will get a good tip if the experience goes really well. my hair is very simple for the wedding, I could do it myself but I want to be pampered LOL

• Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah makes sense, thanks !! Smiley heart Smiley ring

• Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a good point - thank you. It's a mobile company but I think it's a smaller business if i'm not mistaken. My trial is the trial amount plus a deposit so I'm leaning towards maybe not tipping but most definitely tipping the day of.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it also depends on whether or not your hair and makeup artist is working solo or from a company. If they’re solo then you don’t have to tip; you’re already paying them for their services and they retain the entire profit. If they’re coming from a company then you tip.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably tip at both - but the tip for the trial will just be like a $5 because I don't feel comfortable walking out with it done up so nice and giving nothing then and there.

• Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay great, I was thinking the same thing I just wanted to make sure!! Smiley love

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m only going to tip on the day of the wedding, like Allison mentioned!
  • Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, I have my makeup trial and my hair trial both before the wedding so I was just curious if people have tipped at both or had the trial and then tipped on the wedding day? Thanks for your response!!Smiley heart

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my makeup, I'm paying for the trial and day-of makeup on the wedding day, so I'm tipping then.

My hair is paid separately (trial and day-of) so I'm going to tip at both the trial and the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics