Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Newbie May 2024 Quebec

Tipping for hair and makeup?

Kayla, on September 30, 2023 at 16:10 Posted in Beauty 0 7
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what everyone thinks about tipping your hair and makeup artist? Is it necessary if they own their own mobile company and are travelling to you? The prices I’m paying are pretty high, so I’m just wondering if I also have to factor in a tip.
Hair: 250$Hair trial: 150$15$ travel feeI’m also paying for 4 bridesmaids to get their hair done for 120$ each.
Makeup: 275$Makeup trial: 125$30$ travel feeI’m also paying for 4 bridesmaids to get their makeup done for 125$ each.
I’m from Canada and I’m getting married in Montreal, QC if that makes a difference.
Please help!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 07:42
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m using my regular hairdresser and makeup artist so I’m tipping my usual.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s really up to you to decide how that would work for you.

I didn’t have hair or makeup professionals. But I would wait to see how it goes and maybe tip based upon that. Or you’re already paying for the service, you don’t necessarily have to.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up tipping! But that was also because I booked the hair salon and since it was a bridal group booking, tip was automatically added to the bill.

It is up to your discretion on whether to tip or not. Everyone we needed to tip like caterer and bartended, etc already got tipped because it was added to the final bill. We also had our reception at a restaurant so a bit different.

• Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning to tip all of our vendors just to show our appreciation
  • C
    Newbie April 2024 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would tip- at least a little, to show your appreciation.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't give our makeup stylist any tip they worked for themselves and gave their own prices. She also came to us. I don't think it's necessary
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla,

I think if they work for themselves, it should not be necessary as all costs should be factored into the price you were given. I also paid what I felt to be pretty high for make up and hair services which it ended up being the owner of the company but she only did the hair and brought along another girl to do the make up so, I ended up giving $50 each in a thank you card. If I could do it differently, I maybe would have done a gift card or no tip, BUT the services were great so it's a nice token to show appreciation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics