Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

Tipping etiquette

Ajp, on August 9, 2023 at 23:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
I’m unsure of tipping etiquette. I plan on tipping my hair/makeup artist and the caterer at the dinner. But we are eloping. The officiant is a wedding planner who owns his own company - so I know there is no rule to tip owners. But he’s bringing along as part of his team a photographer and videographer. Even though we are eloping the package came with a hefty price tag. Do I tip the officiant (owner), photographer and videographer. Or do I not tip at all? And what’s is the average amount? Help!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on August 11, 2023 at 09:21
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't need to tip a percentage for a photographer or videographer. If they're being paid by the officiant and the fees are set by him and not themselves, I would offer a $50-$100 tip, especially if the photos and video turn out well.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I struggled with the percentage amount that I found online regarding tipping as I felt like we were already paying a healthy amount for the services...

We ended up putting $50 or $100 in an envelope with a Thank You Card to the hair stylist, make up artist, catering staff (x 4), photographer, and band (x2). To be honest, I kind of felt cheap after lol as they all did such an amazing job and from what I read online it seems like people give more but like, it really adds up and that's what we could afford which I think is more important for the couple.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics