Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie April 2022 Tennessee

Tip?? Hair and makeup

Allison, on March 20, 2022 at 03:19 Posted in Beauty 0 6
I’m paying $460 for hair and makeup- in salon on my wedding day…. No trial just going to the salon and having them do it on my wedding day - then headed to the venue….. should I be expected to tip on top of those prices as well? I just feel like that’s enough! But what is the normal protocol?

6 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on March 21, 2022 at 11:38
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the stylist/makeup artist aren't the salon owners I would tip them. They rent the space and pay either a flat rate or % of the sales to the salon....

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it's a salon and the person doing your hair and makeup is not the owner then yes, I think the right thing to do is tip for their services. Unfortunately that's not money going solely to the stylist.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a lot of money already imo. I don't think you should be tipping anything more then maybe $20 a person.

BTW you're on the Canadian site

• Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg!! That’s ridiculous!! I don’t have to pay for my bridal hair and makeup since I won the give away on Instagram. But I’ll just tip them like 20%
  • A
    Newbie April 2022 Tennessee
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea, they wanted 780$ with trial included! I mean holy sh** - so I just opted for just the hair and makeup with no trialSmiley smile
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say that’s enough. Wow no trial eh! But I guess now everything cost more. I am tipping 20$ for my hair. Let’s see what other brides think of this!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics