Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Timing - hair & make-up

Ashleigh, on August 11, 2017 at 11:57 Posted in Beauty 0 15
What sort of timeline are you leaving for this? For some reason this is really stressing me out. My make-up artist needs 45 minutes per face. Hair is about 45 minutes each. I wanted to hire a stylist to come to our house, but I think I'll have to drag everyone to a salon so that makeup can be done between hair appointments, because we can't spend 6 hours getting ready, lol. I have 7 bridesmaids, my mom and myself having hair and make-up done.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on August 29, 2017 at 00:12
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are arriving to the salon at 8 am for four bridesmaids and myself. The 4 flower girls are arriving at 930 0r 10 to get their hair done. the moms are looking after makeup for the little girls. We should all be done by about noon, leaving us time to go over to the drugstore to get lipstick and last minute supplies and head to the sushi bar for lunch before getting ready for the 3 PM ceremony!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids and I are headed to the salon for 10am, we all have appointments at the same time. We will be there for an hour to an hour and 1/2 (my hair will take the longest to do) which gets us back to the hotel no later than 12pm. We are all doing our own makeup, so i would guess about an hour to an hour and 1/2, which would get us to 1:30pm. Our photographers are coming around 2pm, and wanted us to have hair and makeup done, so i think that timing is pretty spot on!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See if your salon you would like to go with will allow makeup artists in there. Sometimes there is an upcharge when u bring in makeup artists to the hair salon.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have the hair and makeup artists coming to the hotel and there are 3 of us (me and 2 bridesmaids so it will take 2 hours and 15 minutes with 2 people going at once. one with hair and one with makeup for 45 minutes each.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is definitely something I never thought of yet but i definitely have sometime to do it. I have a favorite hair lady/friend in Winnipeg I am sure who would travel to my home to do my hair but I am thinking I may need to go to a salon to get the hair done. I will also leave it up the bridesmaids as an option for them if they would rather do their own hair as they would be paying for it. I know some people out here that do do makeup in my local area though so maybe they would travel to the salon as well. Not sure.

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a company that does hair and make up and they will be coming to my home. They said about an hour for the me and about 45 minutes per bridesmaid.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My makeup artist came to the hotel at 7am, and then my hairstylist came at 8am. My makeup artist took about 45minutes - 1 hour for one person. My hairstylist didn't need as much time, but we had one person getting makeup done, while another was getting hair done, and it worked out very well!

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding ceremony starts at 1pm. So we will start to get ready at 9am at the hotel and leave hotel at 12:55pm( Driving to wedding ceremony is less than 5 minute drive).

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've decided to do my own makeup and hair. My bridesmaid and MOH will do their own at their places. We're not going to the extra expense. I have to go to the venue at 10:00 am to set up things and make sure everything is getting done. I'll leave there no later that noon, go home, eat, get myself ready, and leave by 2:00 to be there nice and early for the 3:00 ceremony.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you there! I have 8 myself and 2 flower girls but no response from a team to come in to the venue to do all of us. Wedding @ 2:30 so hauling everyone bright and early if I dont get a response! Busy summertime is busy too so I still have time but not oodles of options. Hope it all smoothes out for you!
  • Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 4:00pm but we have to be ready to go by 12:15 because the limo is picking us up to go about an hour out of town. I want to be able to be at the venue to help with setting up favors and not be worried if we happen to hit traffic at all. I believe everyone is showing up around 8:30-9:00am. It is me, my mom and 2 bridesmaids getting make-up done and I think 3 of us getting hair done.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We start getting ready at 10 am, first look is at 2:30.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The ceremony is at 430 and we are starting makeup and hair at 11am. It's just me, my mom and my MOH. I wanted enough time to not have to feel rushed and so I can help with the set up of decorations and such
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ceremony is at 4 p.m. and we're starting our day at 8 a.m. I'd like to be done with hair and makeup by lunch so we can grab a bite to eat and relax before heading to the venue to do pre-wedding photos. We're getting ready at my salon and the MUA is going to go there to set up and do makeup.

I would ask your MUA and hairdresser if they can bring an assistant to help, 9 people is a lot and if they're looking at 45 minutes for each person, it could be a long process. I asked for assistants to be brought in so that the process wouldn't be too slow. I built in extra time in case things take longer than anticipated, since I hate to feel rushed.

It can depend on your ceremony time, too. When my sister got married, her ceremony was at 1:00 p.m. and we were up and getting ready super early to make sure we made it in time.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ceremony will start at 4 and I want to be completely ready and dressed by no later than 3:30. My hair lady knows that she will take longer to do hair so she is showing up at 9am. Makeup lady is showing up at noon. Both asked me what time I wanted to be in my dress which I thought was nice. They are the experts so I trust their timing judgment. Hair will be done with my do and probably one other lady by the time makeup shows up. Makeup being later also means I have time to eat without worrying about messing up my face. If your hair and makeup people can make it to you, I would suggest the hair people show up first so that they can be done with one person by the time makeup shows up and they can rotate through everyone. I only have myself, my mum and 2 bridesmaids so it's not totally the same.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics