Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Timeline opinion and question

Jillian, on February 10, 2022 at 07:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 3 10
Opinions please..
first off who did you get to review and approve your timeline? Venue, photographer and day of coordinator?

Also, do I really need to put my ceremony time 30 mins before the actual time on my invite? If I want our ceremony time to actually be 3pm do I need to put the ceremony time on the invite 230? Or do you think if I put 3pm on the invite and then maybe the actual ceremony 315? I’m afraid guests will just be bored sitting there waiting especially if they show up so early. I have a shuttle that will be dropping off guests around the 230-245 mark.
Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on August 8, 2022 at 11:26
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great suggestion. Add to the website an arrival time and actual start time. Smiley smile

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent my timeline to all my vendors and said I was open to suggestions if they had any.

I put my ceremony for 3pm it will start at 3pm. People usually know okay it’s at 3 I need to be there 5-10 early !
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve created our own timeline based on the start times of hair/makeup and venue.

Due to us being postponed 4x, we’ve had to change a few times (hair is now 8am instead of 10am due to availability for the new date etc) so it just involved a few emails to big vendors to ensure we could coordinate. The only vendor that gave us a specific start time was my MUA- so I planned the day around that appt and the start of the ceremony…. I don’t think anything needs to be “approved” by anyone- it’s your day. Just be mindful of the start times of your vendors and coordinate as needed.

• katiekies
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    katiekies ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm learning so much from other bridal discussions - I would've never thought to get timeline approval, or put the ceremony time earlier on invitations! Thank you for bringing these questions forth, Jillian Smiley heart

If you have a shuttle dropping off most guests, I probably wouldn't worry too much about altering the ceremony time on the invitation - maybe put the correct time, and add on the invitations asking guests to arrive 15 minutes early (incentivize by further adding something like "to get good seating"). Or put it on the wedding website, if you have one.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Jillian,
    I would say that keep your time at 3pm, try to give a 10-15 minutes wait to start.

Also; you send send your timeline to your day of coordinator, photographer, and DJ. Keep in mind that your venue might ask for it as well.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have to get approval for the timeline as I had created it myself given the ceremony time and hours or preparation set for photographs before and after the ceremony with family and group shots. The photographer and DJ knew what times they had to be there and for the songs and shots.

The ceremony time should 3pm as your guests will be arriving before the starting time itself.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent my timeline to my photographer and venue just to see if they had any suggestions about moving anything around but they said it was good!

My ceremony is at 3 I put that on save the dates, invitations, wedding website! People will know they need to be there for 3 so lots of your guests will show up at 2-2:30 you may have a few that are late but that’s life! It’s not a big deal in my opinion anyway!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't put 230pm as your ceremony time if it doesn't start until 3pm. I would hate being a guest waiting an extra half hour. I would just put 3pm on your invitation.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would make sure any vendor that is affected by your timeline has seen it even just to reconfirm everything one extra time. They may notice something you may have forgotten (like travel time lol)
    I put our start time for church at the time we have church booked for. We only have the space for one hour so I'm hoping everyone comes on time. I'm not sure if there is a wedding in the chapel just before ours or not. We are hoping for a shorter ceremony so if everyone gets there at 2:30 and we start at 3 it'll be fine. As a guest I always make sure I'm at least 15 minutes early for ceremonies I would hope most people would do the same. Even knowing most ceremonies start a little late I always go early.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is not a good idea to put your ceremony time early. Guests are usually aware the ceremony is scheduled to start at the time listed so if you say 2:30, some guests will start showing up at like 2 and will be annoyed waiting for an hour. I would list 3pm and maybe start at like 3:10 if nessacary due to any guests running behind. I have done 4pm on the invites and on our website I made note that guests need to arrive by 3:45 and the ceremony will be starting on time at 4pm. I know I won't be late for the ceremony as we are doing a first look so I need to be ready by 1pm. So far the only person I've gone over timeline with is our photographer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics