Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Genna
Curious July 2022 British Columbia

Timeline for a late afternoon early evening wedding

Genna, on November 5, 2021 at 21:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Our wedding is 9 hours away from our hometown. 3 guests are leaving on the day to arrive to our wedding so we have to get ppl to leave at like 6am.

We have no idea how to do the timeline. Say most people arrive around 3-4....they would need time to get ready then we want the ceremony to lead into the reception (pics to be done as well and possibly a cocktail hour). I was hoping I could get some tips on when to start the ceremony and pull this off so my 3 ppl arent exhausted or rushed but we are not also having a late wedding where we dont have the sun since we are in the mountains.

Thanks!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 15, 2021 at 14:09
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding schedule should reflect on what you need done along with your family and wedding party since you need more time than anyone else. The guests can worry about getting to the venue on time and leaving on time to avoid traffic or rushing themselves. Consider how much time you need to get getting ready/family photos done ahead so that you can get them out of the way for later. Then think about first looks if your deciding to get them done about 20 minutes before the wedding and 40 minutes for the procession and wedding itself. 45 minutes for group/family pictures/alone done provided its the same venue after the ceremony.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's very nice of you to be considerate about your guests however they will make sure they are there on time. I would never expect a wedding to revolve around me if I was a guest. It would be up to me to get there on time. Do what works best for you and the majority of your guests
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed. They're adults right? It's not on you to figure it out for them. It's their choice if they want to do that long distance the same day of the wedding.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't plan around those 3 people. I would plan the wedding that you want and your guests can figure out how to get there in time

• Genna
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No they are standard guests.

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are these 3 people a part of the bridal party? If not I would just plan your wedding for what you want and let them worry about driving/getting ready.
    Also if they aren’t, would you be willing do all your pictures before you ceremony? Then that’s out of your way, you could have your ceremony at 6, giving your 3 guests lots of time to get ready. Then cocktail hour from 6:30-7:30 and then your reception.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, if someone is travelling 9 hours on the day of the wedding, they'll be tired no matter what. There's no way around it unless they come the night before.

Sunset is usually around 9pm or later in the mountains in July (based on my experience in Banff) so you'll be fine with having enough light even if you start your ceremony at 6pm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics