Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Genna
Curious July 2022 British Columbia

Time to postpone?

Genna, on January 29, 2021 at 15:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Wedding was supposed to be July this year in BC, we are from Alberta. We have guests that are from the states that are in the wedding party and family who want to attend. With all the restrictions and new strains I'm thinking there's literally no point anymore and we should postpone. I've posted before that my fiance is very keen on it already. I figure this is a lot of heads up for the vendors. Should I pull the trigger?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2021 at 11:46
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The plans for the wedding can be altered to smaller guest list due to the restrictions and pushing the celebrations for a later date if the venue allows you to do so. The deposits paid for the services can be postponed as they would work with you due to the times.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Travel restrictions seem to be getting tighter, and as much as I hate to admit it I think it will be just as hard to travel into the country or I to certain provinces this summer. Or even more expensive.

I would call a few of your booked vendors and ask them what the process to postpone is. It might help to know what you'll have to do so you can have a game plan, or to find out what later dates are available.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"It may even be a little difficult for you two to come to BC being from Alberta, after the new restrictions that Manitoba has put in place for visitors. Nothing has been put in place here yet, but you never know."

This actually sounds like it may be a possibility. During today's briefing Dr. Henry alluded to attempting to discourage out of province travellers from coming to BC this spring/summer. She didn't go into many details but it looks like there may be plans in the works.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you're willing to go through with a wedding with just you and two witnesses from Canada, I think you should postpone. Even without the $2000+ mandatory hotel and testing fee, it's a lot to ask someone to take a whole month off for your wedding (2 weeks to quarantine prior to your wedding + 2 weeks when they return to the states).

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly what Christiana had mentioned, don't count on anyone from the States being allowed into BC for a wedding this summer. especially to a smaller community like Kimberley.

It may even be a little difficult for you two to come to BC being from Alberta, after the new restrictions that Manitoba has put in place for visitors. Nothing has been put in place here yet, but you never know.

I think that if you NEED to have those people physically at your wedding, then you should be safe and just postpone.

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The federal government is implementing new rules re international travel. This article goes into it a bit more. On a second read it actually looks like it might end up being more than $2000.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-travel-measures-1.5892992

• Genna
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What is the $2000 you are talking about?
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last night Dr. Henry and Minister Dix had a townhall where they said if you are planning a wedding in BC this summer you need to "think small". Dix also specifically said don't even consider planning a wedding this summer where guests need to travel from out of the country.

So if you are okay with a small wedding (I'd venture a guess that 25 may be our max if things loosen up, maybe 50 but I'd be surprised if they go that big here) and all of your international guests are able to quarantine for 2 weeks after arriving in the country AND they are willing to pay the new $2000 for mandatory quarantine upon arrival then I think you could go ahead. If not, then yes you should postpone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics