Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sofia
Curious July 2022 Quebec

Thoughts on Wedding Registry…

Sofia, on July 15, 2021 at 21:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hello.
not shure about the registry , we dont really understand it and need help. what do we put on it ?? your opinions . other options if we decide not to do one.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sofia, on July 16, 2021 at 19:22
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome thank you for the tips
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Set up a registry online for what you think you would need or replace at home. Amazon has wedding registry for guests to get you the items needed at their price range. You wish to pass on the gift registry, monetary gifts are great to put aside for future goals or honeymoon when you're ready to plan a trip. Home Improvements are always needed if that works for you.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Sofia!
    All the best in your wedding planning! Cheers 🥂
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you .
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome thank you !! that was helpfull 😊
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hummm i like that like that idea . thank you
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah some goes for us we alreadybhave all we need
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Sofia,
    My fiancé and I set up our registry to Amazon and Bed Bath & Beyond with mainly kitchen items. Since we are currently in the process of purchasing our home. It depends on if you would like to get a registry for items for your future husband and yourself. Also, they can give you cash on your day.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have also lived together for a number of years, in the house we purchased, and certainly didn't NEED anything, however, we took it as an opportunity to upgrade items (Vitamix, Dyson, higher end Nespresso, new towels, etc.). We used MyRegistry and you can add items from any site there, which is great. Then we had to resist buying some of the stuff ourselves (failed a few times lol). With no registry, you run the risk of people picking whatever physical gift they like and gifting it - some people do not like giving cash. We had a small registry so on it we also had a picture, right at the top, of a little card with a silly poem saying that we have almost everything we could want and need but would love contributions to our honeymoon and who to do that through (our travel agent set up a no fee account at the agency). The majority of people chose to gift cash straight to us but I feel this put the hint out there that we prefer it, while also giving actual options to those who don't like to give cash. We managed to only get one odd random gift we don't like 🙌. If you're having a bridal shower, physical gifts are the norm for that so you'd want a registry.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I opted out of a registry and instead asked for a cash gift that will be used towards a honeymoon when we get comfortable enough to travel. Other than that though people regularly ask for things they need around the home like towels, bedsheets, small kitchen appliances, etc. But if you've been living with your partner for awhile and don't feel you need those kinds of things then you can also ask for gift cards to favourite restaurants or gift cards for stores that you both like so you can buy what you want when you want. Or do like we did and ask for cash that will be used towards something specific, like a vacation/honeymoon, a home, or home renos.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have opted out on having a registry since we bought a house last year and we have everything that we need already and have been living together for the past 6 years

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics