Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner June 2021 Ontario

Thoughts on Wedding Ceremony this year.. postponing reception, shower and stag

Stephanie, on June 13, 2020 at 10:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 8
Hi! Are any of you doing or have had your wedding ceremony this year and postponing reception bridal shower and stag to next year? Thoughts on this? I mean if everyone else was able to have it done properly and we are held back because of this but still want to do the ceremony is it silly to still have the shower and stag post wedding and post covid?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 16, 2020 at 11:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Many couples have eloped as this year did make it hard to have their day cancelled for travel plans for guests to come out. The vow renewals, reception and/or anniversary is being postponed for next year.

You choose to continue with the pre wedding events for next year though they may not be the same as you would be celebrating the single life. Living together for so long needs no registry as you would have everything you need at home. A simple celebration is enough with your loved ones present.

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really think anything goes this year. I'm not having a shower (because we've already lived together for a few years and don't need anything), but we've rescheduled my bachelorette to next year even though we're having a small ceremony this year. I think everyone will understand given the circumstances, and maybe even be more excited to attend once it's safe to do so!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've pushed our reception to next year in the hopes that travel restrictions are lifted or eased. Our ceremony will be either just us or a small group of people depending on what is allowed in October. The reception will be on the eve of our first anniversary so we can have a midnight countdown to our anniversary (and I'm already excited for this).

We're still doing photos, I booked our photographer for 2 hours on ceremony day and 5 on reception day. Photos have always been important to me and I don't want to miss any moments no matter how many details need to change.
    My girlfriends and I have discussed trying to do the bachelorette this year, and while our out of province wine tour weekend is called off we might do a house party or a small fancy bar crawl. We never sent invites for the bridal shower so we will just cancel it. I was only doing it for our moms and one of them won't be able to cross the border without isolating alone for 2 weeks, if she wants to do something next year we might. I think right now it would need to be outdoors to meet the rules, and that's too risky for me too!
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing this as well, a small legal ceremony this year & reception next year.
    Shower & Stag have been rebooked for next year as well.
    Everyone understands why it’s being done this way, obviously not ideal but when you already put so much money into prizes, decor & the hall for these other events you want to have the full experience.
    Two of my friends are in the same boat this year & I’ll attend all the events because everyone deserves to have what they originally planned even if the order is a little bit different than the norm.
  • Carolina
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my questions as well. We are currently scheduled to get married in October and we personally would like to get married. We do not feel weird about having the reception a year after, but we feel strange about having a stag and bridal shower post wedding. Those venues have deposits and what can we do with so many venues.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a guest, I wouldn’t find this weird at all, given the circumstances. If I’m close enough with someone to be invited to their reception, bach, and shower, Id very much want them to have the full experience (which is just not feasible in advance of summer 2020 ceremonies) and I would happily participate to the fullest.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s up to you personally. I doubt guests would turn down an extra day to party.
    We ended up cancelling our shower but we might have something next year, kind of like an anniversary party depending on how things go.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah why not!! lots of people have postponed big events till next year

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics