Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Thoughts on Live-streaming?

Abbie, on February 26, 2022 at 16:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 16
My Uncle/Godfather unfortunately cannot get the time off to come to our wedding (he’s in the UK). I’m gutted and so is he. He asked whether we had considered live-streaming. We’re only 3 months out so I’m not sure it will be feasible but want to look into it!

Anyone have any thoughts on live-streaming? What’s the “average” price? Is it possible to do it for an outdoor ceremony?
Thanks!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Mark, on April 5, 2022 at 08:55
  • M
    West Midlands
    Mark ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Abbie, this might be useful for you www.e-there.com/self-stream

• M
    West Midlands
    Mark ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you are ever looking for a high quality live stream for your wedding day, check out www.e-there.com

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Live stream is a way to connect to those guests that can't attend in person and if you have a videographer, he may know if you let them know beforehand you're interested to set it up.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Abbie! 😁
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow - you thought of everything! Thank you so much for sharing!

What did you sing? Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here's what our setup looked like.

Thoughts on Live-streaming? 1

Here's what the captured angle looks like from the stream.

Thoughts on Live-streaming? 2

I purposely left it off the aisle so that my wife and her parents wouldn't have to walk around it or accidently knock into it but that also meant that sometimes my mom blocked me when everyone was standing as the bride walked down. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but because I was singing, people online sent me messages that I needed to move a few steps to my right to be in view lol.

We could've patched to the DJ board for cleaner audio but the distance between the locations of the iPad and the DJ made it a hassle. Hearing us was no problem since we were mic'd so our voices were amplified. I also had a second DSLR off to the side capturing an uninterrupted stream of the wedding in case something went wrong and we could just immediately upload that to a private YouTube channel and send out the link.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok, great - thank you! Did you have a tripod and just set it up in the front row? How did you capture sound? (Hope you don’t mind all the questions 🙈)
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used an iPad because we had wifi but you can install the app on your phone and use a data plan.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ll have to ask my photographer! Thank you, Tunisha!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh what a neat option!! Does it work on data? What device did you use?
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Carmel, thank you so much! This made me feel so much better about the idea of live streaming - it sounds like your guests were really able to be included! Plus, getting to keep it is a huge bonus!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha! We actually do, we have 25GB each.
    However, in this case, the photographer did it for us with his data. Haha!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How did you stream without internet? I hope you had a REALLY good data plan on your phone lol

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Abbie,
    We did live steaming for family in other country and who could not make it. Our photographer had a camera for the live streaming and it was amazing option. We were so happy that he had that. Maybe you can look into if your photographer has any idea or have that option.

Also, our second option would have been Zoom.
    Our venue did not have wifi. So that was a bit annoying. But it worked. Hahaha
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just use EventLive. It only costs $50 USD and it's the best live streamer for weddings I've seen. All it takes is for someone to turn on the app and hit record when the time comes (we did it 20 minutes early so that guests can start "coming in" prior to the actual ceremony start). It comes with a guest book so people can leave messages for you.

Your guests won't need to download any apps or use any particular social media. It can be accessed through a browser and the link stays up for a year so anyone around the world in an awkward time zone can watch it at a later time when they're not in bed.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did it! We are SOOO happy. Our guests here and around the world said it felt like they were watching a movie. It was also online for a while so they could go to bed after the ceremony and watch the reception in the morning 😂. We got to download it all after as well. It was indoors but we did use zoom for our legal ceremony on our original date, outside due to lockdowns, and I would 10000% recommend hiring someone for outdoors. You can only hear me as I project my voice but you cannot hear my husband (we recorded it) and only sometimes the officiant. You can invest in the proper mic etc but I would take that stress off your hands and hire someone. It is cheaper than videography as they don't edit. I'm not sure sharing what we paid will help you as our locations are different, but I believe we paid about $1800 for 4-5 hours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics