Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

“Thigh Saver” shorts

Abbie, on April 3, 2022 at 22:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Ladies, do you recommend getting thigh saver (anti chafing) shorts for under your dress? I’m thinking my wedding dress will probably be pretty warm in the summer and chafed thighs do not sound like fun!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, on April 13, 2022 at 15:33
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sometime’s your thighs just touch - mom matter what! And it’s a uniquely painful experience 😅
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It did! Thank you SO much!
  • Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been blessed with thick thighs - even when I was pretty fit I couldn't escape it. Nothing ruins a day more than not having anything between them and being blistered, friction burned, and wanting nothing more than have ice packs between them to help with the pain! I'm definitely going to be wearing some kind of shaper/bike shorts for me! Not even going to remotely take the chance when I want to dance the night away!

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let's see if this works lol - Bandelettes Thigh Bands

If this is the way you go, just make sure you measure properly - as long as you have the right fit, you won't have issues with them not staying put or rolling up (like some reviews mention)

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s a great idea! Do you have a link to the brand you like? Smiley smile
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are worried about the extra material being warm and around the waist, you can always purchase thigh bandelettes from Amazon - they are great! I have a pair I wear in the summer. And as they only go around the thigh (not like shorts or shapewear), I don't feel as constricted..

I bought the nude, lace so that when I wear shorts, they peak out a little and it adds a little something, but they have many different versions, colours, and materials.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m thinking it’s a good idea!! The good thing about having the layers is you won’t see the shorts! 🙈
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I’m thinking it’s better safe than sorry and I imagine I would be VERY sorry to have chafed thighs on our wedding day 😬
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Abbie, our wedding is in the fall, I plan on wearing them. I haven't picked a dress yet, however if your dress has layers to it you may want to be on the safe side....

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is in October, so I may very well be thanking the cooler weather hahaha

If you are looking to go this route, HIGHLY recommend Knix thigh savers. They are very light weigh so you won't feel them on and are working amazingly!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics