Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sofia
Curious July 2022 Quebec

Themes and colors

Sofia, on July 12, 2021 at 08:35

Posted in Wedding fashion 48

hi . what are your themes and colors for your wedding ?? i am not shure and looking for inspirations . but inthink we will gonwithnlikena dark blue or purple or green and white. butninwant everyone else ideas to be inspired
Hi . what are your themes and colors for your wedding ?? i am not shure and looking for inspirations . but inthink we will gonwithnlikena dark blue or purple or green and white. butninwant everyone else ideas to be inspired

48 Comments

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my (probably unpopular) opinion, I think colour schemes for weddings are unnecessary and I hope as weddings become less traditional people will move away from them. I do get that for a lot of people it helps them create a cohesive look and gives them something to follow when choosing decor. But you can totally put a space together without everything being too matchy matchy or always having to incorporate a certain colour.

Obviously if you want to incorporate specific colours definitely go for it! It's just not something I'm personally a fan of in most cases and I intentionally did not having "wedding colours". But I definitely think having an overall feeling/mood in mind is great and things can flow from there!

• Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love itttt
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh sounds lovely
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Themes and colors 1
    Just very soft neutral colours with some white and greenery
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our theme would be winter wonderland we started with red but I ma dying my own flowers and hated the reds I was getting so I turned full circle and we are using purple with the silver, black and white.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's cool and it's also very versatile. One of the reasons why we stuck with neutral colours for our clothes is because we can do almost anything to the space and wedding design without clashing.

• Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh sounds nice . i have no idea what color my bridesmaid dress is gonna be yet . i am waiting to decide on the colors first . but it's probably going to be a light pink
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We kept ours fairly neutral. The original idea was a winter wonderland wedding with rustic flowers and greenery as our florals but with our new end of summer date, we're starting to bring back some pop of colour. Not so much as official colours but more to have something to break up the neutral tones since the bridesmaid dresses are grey and the gents are wearing tuxedos. If we end up indoors, our room is decorated and lit in an amber light so there is sort of an art deco silver and gold thing going on, which we're kind of running with as our "official colour."

• Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Humm i see. sounds beautiful
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it sound pretty
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh gold is nice too
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No we havent picked the venue yet .. still looking . but yeah thats smart .thats why we have a variaty of colours that we like and i guess well see
    if they fit with the venue if not well change themn.its going to be in july but we would want to choose colors that reprensent us .
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours are blush and silver! We will be adding in grey, white and other shades of pink as needed to break up the blush and silver.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe our theme but I think it would be elegant
  • Linda
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is navy and burgundy im kinda thinking rustic romantic but just winging it lol
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have gone with Navy & Gold for our colors

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the simplicity of green and white! Do you have a venue picked out already? That can help you pick or narrow down at least to some colours to see what might look good in a certain space. We had a backyard wedding filled with lush greenery already so we chose colours that would stand out amongst all of the already present greenery, which were pale yellow and lavender which was also perfect for a June wedding, I think. But by no means do you have to choose colours based on season if you want a particular colour.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics