Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Frequent user October 2021 Manitoba

Theme/style

Ashley, on January 17, 2018 at 16:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I have been getting the questions on what our theme/style of the wedding will be and I’m finding I like more than just one style and am lost trying to explain it to others and even my fiancé. I find I really like rustic, industrial, modern and vintage I find the few are very similar and I love the combinations! What is your wedding theme/style? How do you explain multiple themes/styles?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on January 24, 2018 at 10:20
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When forced to choose, I always said rustic, but we incorporated rustic, vintage elements relating to travel and agriculture. Just things that fit with our personal style and felt like us. We never sat down and decided on a theme, we just made choices that felt natural and ended up with a wedding that was really a reflection of who we are as a couple.

• Ashley
    Frequent user October 2021 Manitoba
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies all of you had great advice, I’ll be bringing all of your ideas to my fiancé!
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the same problem, I ended up just telling people it's a "rustic elegance" theme and let them think what they wanted.

It was a mix of wood elements and blush pink.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you! I like vintage but not the twine or the scratched up paint, and I also like the modern looks with metallic colours. I’m just calling it vintage glam.. I honestly have no idea though. I couldn’t find my exact image anywhere so I had to go off my imagination lol

Theme/style 1

Theme/style 2
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should just say that the theme of the wedding is a celebration of you as a couple. It will have lots of personality and different influences and that they will see what you mean once they get there.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean I don't think we actually have a "theme". We are getting married in a barn so naturally the "theme" would become barn/country wedding. So I suppose that would be it lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just let people know you're doing an 'eclectic' wedding!

I just say we're going for a fairly simple classic vintage. I guess I'm not combining too much Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would explain that you are doing a mixture of some themes and that it will be extremely unique. We are having a rustic fairytale kind of theme with a few vintage touches! I love it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics