Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

The most exciting part of planning your wedding?!

Alyx, on February 2, 2022 at 15:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34
What has been the most fun, exciting thing so far of planning your wedding?

Mine has definitely been trying on wedding dresses and picking the one!!! I can’t wait to get it on again!

Secondly, our food tasting! It was so much fun and felt like we weren’t in Covid times just a normal engaged couple!
I also can’t wait for my bachelorette this summer! We’ve booked a cabin in Kelowna!

34 Comments

Latest activity by Lindsay, on February 18, 2022 at 22:50
  • Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most exciting part of planning a wedding is actually getting a venue and all the vendors in place really early. I still have more then a year (2023) to plan but decided to get a head start. I started right after I got engaged in September 2021 Smiley smile
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. So appreciate that
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe so fun! Hoping you get your wedding this year!!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh oh yeah eh, that’ll be very awesome for you then!! Hope when it comes around you’ll have an amazing time!!

Ohhhh yeah, hahahaha! Will make sure I do that soon.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me was booking the hall - i literally got goosies and butterflies filled with excitement and i was able to envision the whole day. We did this in Feb 2020. So now i have been feeling bum because we postponed last year August, but we just sent out save the dates last week Monday and i started to feel the excitement again. It was fun putting together the ecard on Canva

just booked my dj and that was exciting as well.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very cool! Such a beautiful culture you have!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much and I'm south Indian from Africa. Brides for the most part do get henna done as its tradition and men do based on their choices as I did to get it done. The name of the groom is hidden in it for them to find it though the art itself is creative. Here was my design done.

The most exciting part of planning your wedding?! 1

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So beautiful! I can see in your profile picture the beautiful bright colours! So much fun!! ☺️
    What is your culture/ where are you from?
    Have you heard of woman/brides getting the mehendi designs with henna and then they get their husbands name hidden on their hand with the design!! Such a cool tradition and such beautiful art they get to wear!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best part of the wedding planning was making the trips for suits, outfits and MOHs outfits for the cultural clothing. They had fun as much as we did for husbands outfit alone. Colour coordination worked out great to look vibrant.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol absolutely!!! Some free time from my one year old is good too 😬 my first trip away from him!

Yes please share!!!! I’m obsessed with looking at wedding photos and bachelorette photos , lol anything wedding related!!! 😍😂
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looks like lots of fun!! 😍😍 that’s what I always pictured when planning a wedding but Covid hot lol so we worked with what we got ! We had to shop for venues all online. I was able to goto the venue we chose after things opened up with my grandma it was still fun but a different experience for sure! Haha

Wow that food looks amazing!!! 😍 definitely was a highlight for us too!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, it was very good to just destress with some fun and alcohol. Hahaha! I’ll have to share my bachelorette story and photos sometime. Haha

Im sure of it. It’s going to be so amazing and exciting eh!! Yaaaay 🎉🎉🍾
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue shopping was the highlight, followed by the tasting. We visited 12 venues in person and walking through them all while taking pictures was fun. Here's an example of the different places we saw.

The most exciting part of planning your wedding?! 2

Before the pandemic, attending wedding shows were fun. You got to try samples from different caterers, check out different vendors and overall get ideas on what you can do with your event.

The most exciting part of planning your wedding?! 3

Our tasting was our first post-vaccine dining experience outside of our home so it felt really nice. It also helped that it was a feast.

The most exciting part of planning your wedding?! 4

I liked the suit shopping process but when it came to looking at them in-person and trying them on with the guys, it wasn't as fun or comfortable of an experience since it was pre-vaccine. We had to measure ourselves instead of having the tailors do it properly due to social distancing measures.

The most exciting part of planning your wedding?! 5

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe love it !!! That’s amazing 😍😍

Oh lol maybe that was someone else!! 😅I know it’s coming up fast but it’s also going by so slow!! Haha
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely!! We’re all in this together! I love this community 🥰
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So funny with my dress, we tried on a bunch thay i had pulled off the racks that i liked. Then she pulls this one out of NO WHERE (cause i sure didnt see it when i was browsing) and we all knew it was the one!!! Hehehe

I got a little more time than you, 246 days!!!! Ack! Seems so far yet so close
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel the exact same way Rayanne! Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One thing about this site (for me anyway) I feel so excited to see everyone's day. It has been way more of a roller coaster than I thought it would be a few years ago but I feel so invested in everyone's happiest lol
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so too!! It’s all exciting! I’ve totally loved the planning process and it has actually got me started taking my wedding planner course I’ve completely fell in love with it all!

Such an amazing moment hey!! You will remember forever 🥰I went to one bridal store and I had such a great experience my consultant was an angel 😇 lol she just understood my vibe and I tried on 4 dresses and found the one!! And cried 😂🤍

I hear you me too!!! How many more days!? I think I remember you saying you were planning in a short amount of time but I can’t remember how long! lol
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I’m so hoping June will be your date!! I’ve been following along with the posts you’ve made about the postponements!
    You’ll have to share your day on here!! I’m so excited for you 🥰

Yay I’m glad they are letting you have a tasting!! It’s so much fun and it’s good to have some normalcy in this Covid wedding planning lol!!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So much fun!! Awe that’s amazing!! It’s the best being able to celebrate with friends and family!

After the couple years we’ve had with Covid I’m so excited to have all our favourite people together celebrating me and my fiancés love!! 🥰
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, every step so far has been exciting!! I swear every big step we take gets me more excited!! But maybe saying yes to the dress is the icing so far. I totally cried when I realized it was the one!!

I'm just so ready to be married to this man!! day can't come soon enough.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im pretty excited!!
    Yeah he cancelled because of covid and capacity limits are only at 1,000 people instead of 18,000 at our arena right now
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think my favourite thing was booking the venue and setting a date! We had been engaged for a few years by the time we decided we need to see it through. Now that was two dates ago so hopefully June 11 will be the one lol. We were originally supposed to have a tasting which they canceled and now have decided they will give us....I'm looking forward to it. It'll make the wedding seem normal again 🙂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It will be here before you know it!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s so exciting!!!!
    240 lol too long 😅
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So awesome!!!! I’m so excited for you ☺️🎉🤍

Awe I’m sorry!! They were canceled because of Covid!!? I thought that concerts and such were open as long as you have vaccine passports!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most exciting part was creating my simple decors and having my bridal shower and bachelorette party.

We did our bridal shower at my parents house. While the bachelorette was in Montreal. Oh it was sooooo much fun and I had a great time that kept my focused on having fun and not stressing about the planning.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Only 109 days left for me! How long left for you?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did too! My MOH got us tickets and it's literally 4 days before my 30th Birthday so it'll be an extra special bachelorette!

I'm just hoping it doesn't get cancelled. Because it seems like everything is getting cancelled lately! My fiance and I had tickets 2 weeks ago for Dierks Bentley and it was taking from us!

I work security at the hockey arena for the Edmonton Oilers and if they can have fans in the stands I don't see why concerts can't happen. Just makes no sense to me!

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow lots of appts!! I’m glad you got to have that moment with your mom that’s so special 🥰

I hear you, Me too!!!! I can’t wait!! 🤍
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes so much fun!!!!
    Well that’s awesome 🤩 i loved her growing up!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics