Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Deb
Newbie October 2021 Alberta

The Five Star Rating Doesn't Tell the Complete Story

Deb, on November 19, 2021 at 15:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Can someone tell me how you can leave a review on a vendor that you've had a bad experience with but didn't hire. They have glowing reviews, but that is misleading because 'victims' aren't able to leave a review if the vendor wasn't hired. I just want to warn potential clients of a vendor's business practices.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey Tc, on November 27, 2021 at 12:12
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great that people are coming forward! Good for you for taking that first step!

• Deb
    Deb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I put my review on Google, being the first 1 star review of 26 five star reviews, but within 2 days, there were 4 other 1 star reviews on the company I was reviewing. It seemed that once mine went up, other reviewers were comfortable putting their’s up too. I think that I will be far more suspicious of companies who only have 5 stars in the future! Anyway, thank you Stacey for recommending Google and for looking at the review process beyond Wedding Wire. Some of these vendors need a reality check if they think they can treat customers poorly. The power of the review! Sometimes that’s the only power left when things go bad.

• Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hope it helps!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Stacey TC! I didn't think to do that.... since we are still looking for many vendors I will put this into practice immediately!

• Deb
    Deb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for responding. I wasn’t able to leave the review on Wedding Wire, and I discovered that on vendor’s websites, they control the reviews and only leave the positive ones! I did go to Google and shared my experience. Since I did that a few days ago, and mine was the only ‘critical’ review, there are now 4 additional critical reviews on this vendor in the last few days! I suppose others waited for the first critical review to go up and then were motivated to share their own experience. Some vendors just want to collect the money, so being careful about who you want to record and photograph your special day is important!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a bad vendor who I did hire and wasn't that great to leave a bad review though he didn't have a website at all. It been 4 years now and have to reach out to get a back up raw footage and video to remake because of their bad editing.

I thought there would be yelp in Canada that had reviews to share for vendors, sadly found out none.

• Deb
    Deb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wrote a review on Google just now. Thank you for your input!

• Deb
    Deb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I just did that. Thank you for responding!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do so on Google. That's the only place I look at reviews...
  • Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that all the glowing reviews for vendors are misleading. If I find a vendor on WW I go to Google as well to check reviews, but I know not everyone will.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I understand, but I have always gone through the vendors actual website rather than wedding wire when trying to get ahold of them. I tried it once from here and it took forever compared to reaching out from the contact information on the website and when I do a google search I can the reviews too.

• Deb
    Deb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Brittany, I am going to do that. I know Wedding Wire is used by a lot of people, so it seems that when you click on a vendor, it is helpful to know of negative experiences too, as a potential client.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't left a review yet on The Wedding Wire, but if this website does not allow you to I would suggest going to Google.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics