Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

The first dance! Are you winging it, practicing, or taking lessons?

Lynnie, on August 30, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 19

All eyes will be on you and your dance moves Smiley shame , so what's your plan? Are you taking lessons or choreographing the first dance? Or are you keeping it short and sweet?

Photo by Steve Gerrard Photography

Photo by Steve Gerrard Photography

Keep planning with us: First Dance - Before or After Dinner? What's your first dance song?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on September 2, 2017 at 20:22
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will do a few lessons at Arthur Murray 4 or 5, maybe less. Other then that no special steps or dance acts lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just winging it. He's been bugging me to take dance lessons but I don't think I could do it.. I'm an awkward person and don't like doing things like that.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancée thinks we will be fine not practicing just do typical slow dance with head on his shoulder.... as for I would like to have it practiced and be choreographed haha

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just going to get up and dance.

My FH is actually a terrible dancer, so it should be entertaining haha.

• S
    Newbie November 2017 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you ☺
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We took a basic ballroom dancing class before we were even engaged. It was a super fun date night to have every week and such a good exercise in communication and trust. I think that for the first dance we'll either try out some of the things we learned or we'll just do old school slow dancing!Smiley catface
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just winging it. We can slow dance decently enough.

• Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For a fact, I know I CANNOT dance at all, so choreography will be a waste. At the same time, if we don't have SOME kind of choreography, we will end up doing it highschool style, and that's kind of ugly. I am a little torn.
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No choreography for us. I work weddings and I personally don't like the look of a set dance. To me, I don't want to think about dance steps, I just want to focus on the moment and my new husband!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Winging it! We really only want about 30 seconds of dancing before we will have our wedding party join us with their significant others and then hopefully just everyone gets up and dances! Weve picked an upbeat song so it should be fun!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw that is sweet! Sounds like fun!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We took a couple lessons and it was so much fun! I love to dance so it was fun to learn something new and even my husband enjoyed it. We went to an Arthur Murray Dance Studio and they taught us some steps and then we could put them together however we wanted. I think our guests were really impressed with our moves! And now we have some moves we can use at other people's weddings too! When we can afford it, we want to go back and try a new type of dance!

• Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be winging it. Knowing us will break out and do something silly and up beat
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just going to go up and dance.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We jokingly practice a lot. He just kind of grabs me and we dance around a little bit and talk about our first dance. Hopefully it goes well on the wedding day!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't practicing or taking lessons just gonna go with it
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't practice at all. We just got up there and danced. We aren't big on doing flashy dances, or learning to dance! Just a typical slow dance.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted us to take lessons. I used to teach ballroom dancing and I would still love to do it with my FH sometime in the future but for this we just ran out of hours in the day. FH does not have great rhythm so we are just going to fake it. Smiley smile Probably lots of swaying back and forth since forward movement seems to lead to strange off rhythm bouncing for FH. Smiley laugh

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're kinda practicing. We're not taking lessons but I'm planning on us running through it a couple of times.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics