Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

The Fight: You want to invite your ex

Zoë, on June 9, 2017 at 07:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Hi everyone!

Next

Last typical fight. You or him are still friendly with your ex and while your groom accepts that you are still Facebook friendly, he or you don't want them to be present at your wedding.

Did you have this argument? Smiley tongue

The Fight: You want to invite your ex 1

pinterest

11 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on January 17, 2018 at 13:01
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe,

Although I'm friendly enough with my last ex boyfriend (ie we're still social media friends and I'm still close with his family - we were together for 8 years), I honestly wouldn't want him there and I'm sure it would be super awkward for him to see me marrying another man.

On the other hand, FH has an ex gf that he was with for 8 months or so before me and her and I were friends during and after their relationship (we all worked together at a restaurant for 5+ years) and if our guest list was bigger I would have no problem inviting her. This is because although it's slightly weird to think they were together, I know there's absolutely nothing left between them. We're just not good enough friends for her to make the list.

• Angela K.
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Angela K. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a very unique situation.

My fiancée was married twice before. The first ex wife is the mother of his grown kids and the ex-wife sister is married with his best friend, so unfortunately the ex sister in law made to the wedding guests list. I am not thrilled, but she is married ith this best friend....

Then she (the ex sister in law) decided she would ask my fiancée if he would invite her daughter, and I was like... come on already!!!! we got into a huge argument but then I said, ok, 2 more people and that is it. I feel like I have being very accommodating. Yesterday the ex sister in law send a message to my fiancée asking us to invite her son and a plus one... So I stopped the madness there... I want to keep my wedding small, plus I think is classy-less for people to invite themselves to the wedding. In the top of it those are my ex fiancée former family and I don't want to invite them, no I ever met them prior to the wedding...

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Zero interest in inviting my ex lol.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both don't want to have any exes at our wedding, so we have not had any arguements about this.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never wanted to invite any exes... I doubt they'd want to come lol. I did however personally invite his ex myself but she said no...
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not inviting any of my serious exes. Neither is he although his ex immediately before me is his sister's best friend, so I imagine she will be present. Neither of us have an issue with it. We love and trust each other and we know there's a reason we picked each other. I mostly don't want to invite any exes because I don't want to make them feel bad about how rad my FH and I are as a couple.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technally I guess I'm inviting an EX... We dated for 3 weeks in high school... There was no fight over inviting him... We have been friends for 23 years.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't talk to any of my ex's and so that isn't a problem for me! He also doesn't talk to any of his. His one ex gf actually was a friend of mine in high school but we grew apart in high school because we had different circles of friends. She is a really nice girl but I don't want her at my wedding and I know my fiancé would never invite his ex's

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't talk to any of my exes so no problem there. He doesn't seem to talk any of his either so we are a-ok.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His ex was abusive so that's a no from him and I don't really have an ex. My last relationship was in high school and I don't consider that a real relationship
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why in the world would anyone want to invite their Ex to their Wedding. An Ex is An EX for a reason. I would never think of inviting my Ex to anything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics