Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

The day after the wedding

Joey, on November 27, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Just married 0 11

What are your plans for the day after your wedding? Will you be leaving for your honeymoon? Hosting a family brunch? Opening gifts? Getting rid of all your wedding stuff to try to reclaim some space in the house? Moving in together? Going back to work? Writing thank you notes? Sleeping for about 15 hours straight?!

Share your plans for the day following your wedding.

The day after the wedding 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Daphne, on December 20, 2017 at 12:27
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did sightseeing and dinner with hubby's family (dinner with my family was the night before the wedding).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to the two cities after the wedding. Mississauga to my SIL home to be with the family for dinner. Sunday we both went to see other family members off in Scarborough before leaving. We will go on our honeymoon to Niagara Falls sometime next year.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we are just going to hang out at home. We just bought a house and it's so close to the venue we didn't see the point in renting a hotel room. Were going to put our two dogs in boarding for a few days and just take it easy.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would loveeeeee to sleep for 15 hours after lol but we will likely be doing a brunch and hanging out with the family that came in from out of town before they head back. We may even have a BBQ at our place to say thank you to our wedding party and family for everything.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are probably going to sleep in and then open gifts in front of immediate family. No solid plans yet though.
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to have brunch at the hotel with all the wedding guests who stayed the night and then we’re just going to relax and spend another night at the hotel just the two of us!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have different ideas on how we would like to spend our first full day as husband and wife!

I would like to have a brunch with our out of town guests (as most of them will be my friends and family).

He would like to stay at the hotel/just the two of us hang out until we leave for the honeymoon (which, at this point, we are looking to leave on the Monday).

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The next day we left the venue as we had slept there, and my parents and our wedding party and my husband and I went to my mother in laws for a catered lunch. It was delicious but we were all dead and falling asleep lol it was nice and relaxing
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a few people who were staying on the property like us so we had a camping style brunch with everyone there and some of the wedding party. It was really nice and relaxed. The day after that we went home.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be heading to both of our parents houses to say goodbye and thank you, then we will head home and open up some gifts then head to the airport to fly out ot our honeymoon the next morning!!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to the hall to collect our decorations, packed and then left in the middle of the night to go on our honeymoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics