Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

The Best of Canada - The best Canadian local wedding businesses

Joey, on July 1, 2019 at 09:57 Posted in WeddingWire 0 18

When it's time to #ShopLocal, where do you turn? Do you have a favorite local Etsy seller? A store where you get all your wedding DIY supplies? A killer local buy & sell group? Where do you turn when you need to shop for wedding items and want to keep your purchases Canadian?

The Best of Canada - The best Canadian local wedding businesses 1

Photo by Cameron May Photography in Calgary

>>Next Question: The best destination for a bachelor or bachelorette party

>>Back to the Beginning: The Best of Canada

18 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on August 27, 2019 at 16:46
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to say Halifax as a whole. The local paper (Coast) does a "Best Of Weddings" with the top three people-voted local businesses...venue, photographer, jewellery, attire...and there are a lot of local small businesses willing to do wedding events even if it is not really the norm.
    I love Etsy, but most of the wedding related stuff I found on there came from makers in Europe, but still yay for small business!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a difficult question since I've been sticking to my local Facebook buy and sell wedding groups for online stuff!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't do a lot of online shopping so I think my cake will be made buy a local bakery. There are a few wedding shops that are featured on WW that are in my city, they do favours and random things.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a few things from swap sites. I like to support local when I can but couldn’t find what I was looking for
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been turning to Etsy for wedding stuff. I only shop Canadian on Etsy.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like to support local towns because they don't get enough exposure as to big cities.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have turned to the local wedding swap site and did everything this way- I don't know if canadian made or not though lol one etsy store I love and shes from Hamilton is Miss to Mrs Weddings

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For wedding stuff I have turned to Etsy for the most part. Sticking to just Canadian stores for shipping, no specific shop
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't really bought much yet but I'm sure Canadian Etsy businesses will play a part. Otherwise, I've bought some table runners off a local FB buy and sell group and a few antique-y crates from a local garden store.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uhhhh... Dang... these aren't going to get many answers from me I guess Smiley tongue I tend to shop at stores that can be found anywhere in North America. Etsy is cool - but a lot of the time the items are more expensive on there compared to big retailers.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooohh Etsy! Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I try to shop on Etsy like the other ladies!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm an etsy shopper and where all possible, I try to stick to Canadian stores!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whenever I shop on Etsy I shop on Canadian sites
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love Etsy.. I try to stay local and only buy things that are actually made by the seller not a resale

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only shop Canadian on Etsy! I also do my best to support the business’ of my family and friends! we have made it a priority to keep our wedding as local as possible
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a bunch of stuff from Etsy. I chose Canadian sellers only. My dress is local as it’s being made by a seamstress. I try to do ‘Canadian’ as much as possible
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have a favourite but I only shop Canadian shops on Etsy.
    If I had to pick a favourite I could probably go with Rustic Obsession, they made our wood guestbook or Blush Event Stationary, they made our champagne and beer labels for our wedding party and have a bunch of fun other wedding things.
    Other good ones would be Simply Wedding Co. Which is local to me on Etsy, Plastic Smith and Miss to Mrs Weddings. We got something from all of these places and absolutely loved them all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics