Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonja
VIP September 2017 Ontario

The aftermath

Sonja, on August 22, 2017 at 23:12 Posted in Just married 0 23

When it's all over, do you feel like it's a big let down and there's now a huge gap in your schedule that you have trouble filling? What do you do about it?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on September 3, 2017 at 11:58
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg yes! But it's all set now, so when I get the rsvps back I can keep the seating the same or move a couple people around. There is drama on his side and my side, so a seating chart had to be done. I didn't have a choice on this one
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! The seating plan took you that long? Yes, we will all enjoy a little down time when it's over but just think, we'll never have this excitement again.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I work in spurts of planning, we already have date nights set up where we don't talk wedding stuff. My venue includes almost everything that I need so that hasn't been a huge planning decision for us, I've sat down with my cousin about bouquets and head table decoration and that is all set. The hardest thing has been our initial seating plan it took me 4 days and a 4 in the morning, and a 2 in the morning to get it all entered and planned. I will or miss that at all. I just think I will enjoy the little bit of extra time, in our already busy lives.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I so agree with you on these ideas Joey.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so happy with our wedding that I don't have any issues of getting back to our lives. The wedding planning along with planning a wedding social took so much time away from us spending true quality time. I don't miss the planning but I wish I could relive our wedding day again.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, Samtam. Twenty-four days to go!!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I understand the struggle! That's so smart that you bought flats! I made it through almost the whole night in heels but changed into flats towards the end. Good luck! You're almost there! Smiley shame

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Kayla. I could say the same to you.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope you do too! Don't stress yourself out too much Smiley winking.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Samtam, Yes, I agree with you. I will also be working on a wedding scrapbook but not until after Thanksgiving if I have my pictures by then. Don't get me started on diet and exercise. I do my best but sometimes it's hard. I've tried to get down a few pounds so that my feet don't swell and I can get into my shoes. I've had to resort to buying flats in case they balloon during the wedding. A few more weeks and it will be over.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel the same way. I'm so tired I can hardly function. Every spare minute is used for wedding stuff. I have décor and flowers coming out the wazoo and I keep thinking of things I've missed. I was going to make my own wedding cake but I don't think I have the energy. Luckily, there's no bridal shower (I didn't want one because both of us have complete households). Instead I'm having a ladies' dinner at a restaurant. Hope I get time to relax before the wedding.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am desperately waiting for this process to be over.

I've been really overwhelmed with regular life and wedding planning. Something has to give, and in a couple weeks i can put this wedding planning to rest.

I'm looking forward to slowing life down a bit and spending less money!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It can be hard to rejoin the real world and not have something to constantly be working on. Immediately after the wedding, you'll still have some things to do like thank yous and waiting for your pics and videos so I would say that it isn't until a couple months after that you'll be feeling like "now what?" After my wedding, I have started working on a wedding scrapbook and that has helped me to relive our special day and give me something creative to do to fill my time. I'm also trying to work on the things that I had put off until "after the wedding" like finding a new job and getting in shape again. (Because the diet and exercise definitely went out the door once the wedding was out of the way! Smiley xd ) My husband and I have a lot more time for binge watching now too!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was soooo happy that the wedding planning was over. I could back to my regular schedule, which is pretty full as it is.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I am very relieved that the planning process is done! I still have to do thank you's which will take up some time. But yes I have a lot of free time now and it is a bit weird thinking I don't have any wedding tasks to complete today! I am however looking for a new job, doing a lot more social things with my friends which has been nice, I have 2 weddings and my birthday next month, and I am planning a baby shower for my sister in law! I like to keep busy.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey, it's not that I'll be looking for thing to do. It's that it's hard to stop the buzzing in your head that keeps you going in high gear. I'm looking forward to a normal, boring, day-to-day life with my husband. The 2 week honeymoon will help me relax.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lesley, Oh yes! The dreaded renovations. We're going through that right now. We've pretty much gutted the main floor of his bungalow, had new hardwood installed, and now I'm in the process of ordering a kitchen. There will be plenty to do after the wedding.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wonder about the same thing. We want to sell my condo next summer so I've already been thinking of the little improvements we'll be making over the winter and spring. I'm sure that will keep me busy!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, I was very happy that wedding planning was over! I got to clear all the wedding stuff out of my house, file away all the paperwork, and get some stress-free time back where I could feel guilt-free that I wasn't supposed to be planning something. If you're missing the sense of excitement from planning you could always plan some dinner parties, or parties for friends, take on some DIY projects around the house, or even plan some cool date nights! And there is a lot to enjoy about just normal boring day-to-day life with your spouse Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea. I won't feel guilty about being lazy for a little while.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will take my chances to catch up on some reading and sleep lol.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear you, Erin. Every day I work on wedding stuff. Today I'm making my homemade apple butter for the favours. What will I do with myself when it's all over?? I'll feel relieved too, but when you're in hyper drive mode, I think it's hard to come down from it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great question! I was wondering the same thing though I think I will feel a little relieved to not have to be planning something every evening.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics