Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie June 2021 Nova Scotia

Thank you gifts

Elizabeth, on March 1, 2020 at 12:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 14
For the guest that come to your wedding, do you have to give them a Thank you for coming gift or is that a Party Favor.

And is it alright to use the treats table as a Thank you for coming?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on March 17, 2020 at 11:44
  • E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice and information. It is very helpful. 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At the same time, the wedding party received gifts of perfume sampler box for the MOHs (2) and cologne sets for the BM (Best Man) (2).
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A Thank You card is a nice gesture for your guests to appreciate them for coming and a little edible favour at each seating if decided to do so. Its not necessary to give edible favour if you feel its not budgeted. We did give a nice crystal motive tealight holder to each household/couple/individual that attended our wedding with a Thank You card sitting on the gift. A gift table is also great for your guests to find their names cards with/without the favour. You have that choice as the final word to make.
  • E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think having Thank you cards is a great idea. For the Wedding Party a personal Thank You Card sounds amazing.
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing thank you cards later for everyone.
    Not sure about favours yet
    And also doing thank you to the wedding party and family but uncertain to what yet
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its called a wedding favor and yes you give each of your guests one. can be something small like chocolates or ive had salt and pepper shakers and cutting boards you can really do anything. ive also seen shot glasses as well with the couples name on them

• E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alright, I have a treat table and I thought I was suppose to give a card for all those that did coming to the Wedding. I bought cards as well, lol.
    Thank you for the feedback Smiley smile
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The favours are the thank-you's - but usually you still send a thank-you card after the wedding itself because they most likely gave you a card with presentation.

You can for sure use the treats table as your favours though - assuming it isn't already being used as the dessert for after supper.

• E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's nice, doing a handwritten Thank you cards. I thought you had to give a Thank Card as well, didn't know you could use it that way.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not doing favors but will be sending handwritten thank you notes to each of our guests.

Some people use the favors as a thank you or have a treat table with a to-go option in case guests are full but still want to take some home. I still think thank you cards are expected whether you have a thank you gift or not.
  • E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea as well. I don't care if we have left overs because it is stuff that I like lol.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be doing a candy table. If people dont take their favours it'll all be candy we like. I have kids so they will be happy. I also have a photobooth that some people use as a favour I only have that one because I won that at a wedding show. If I hadn't won the photobooth I'd only have the candy table.
  • E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I was kind of stressing about it.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The thank you gift is also known as a wedding favour, so it's not a totally separate thing. But they're also not absolutely mandatory since many things do get left behind anyway if they're more of a trinket. But edible favours are far more likely to be remembered to be taken. And yes! Many people are having a candy/treat table be their favours. Just get some cute bags or boxes beside the table so it's easy takeaway for your guests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics