Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Thank You Cards

Holly, on July 26, 2019 at 23:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
Hello Ladies!

I'm super excited today because our thank you cards came in today!!
I wanted to share them with you and also hear about your thank you cards ideas!

Thank you cards, to me, are super important. Yes, you can simply thank each guest in person, which we did, but I don't feel that's enough and I personally love get cards in the mail! I keep every single card I receive.

We got our cards from Staples, I compared different websites including Vistaprint and staples had not only the better pricing but nicer designs. With staples you can choose they EXACT number of cards you need and not have to go by 10s! So if you need 42 cards you can pick 42 (or 45 for extra) instead of having to go with 50! Which helps save money! You can also save money with the option of picking up at your local staples instead of paying for shipping. So I highly recommend them. They also have awesome wedding packages!

Anyway here are my cards! We took a group photo and used that on it.

Do you plan to do photo cards or no? If so will it be a group photo or just you? Tell me your ideas!

Thank You Cards 1

Thank You Cards 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Audrey, on July 29, 2022 at 09:59
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, great idea to use your group shot in the card, I will consider that too as we did a group shot after our ceremony (waiting to see the pro photos, so we'll see how it turned out). And thanks for the tip on Staples. I had printed my other materials through Vista so had planned to just use them again, but I will check out Staples!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great Thank You Card! I will probably be doing the same with Staples. After shopping around at Vistaprint, Shutterfly, Zazzle - Staples does come in a bit cheaper with nice templates. We wound up saving almost $400 for everything we need.

Side note - we are also doing a group shot and that will be our thank you card

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of the group photo!

Thank you for the heads up on Staples! I will have to definitely check into that when we order our thank you cards!

Great cards!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They are great! I def need to look into staples as would save money for sure. I believe thanks you cards are necessary and mean a lot to both people. I bought thank you's from walmart and they work out really well. For wedding it will be different though!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well we invited the kids above the age of 18 separately and we invited like 300 people over all so we will be sending a card to those who were there as well as those who couldn't make it and only send a card. So it will say thank you on the front with our names and on the back we will most likely handwrite whether it's a thank you for being there with us or a thank you for your card and sorry you couldn't make it. Right now if we are getting into technical numbers (I was rounding up as we haven't gotten all the rsvps back - but we will have at least 180 thank you cards being sent out. Most likely order 200 or more because the people at the farm (Dad's side) will want one if they see others with one even though they weren't even invited to the wedding so it's best to have some on hand for those type of people.

But even 200 cards is... wait... cheaper... 43 cents each... (that's before adding shipping and tax - but still)

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Did you use one of their templates or design your own?

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    250 cards?!?! That's a lot! How many people did you invite?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They turned out great Smiley smile I plan on adding a pic of just me and my FH but I think Vista Print will work out to be cheaper for us (250 cards will be needed and when you order that many they are less than 50 cents each).

Thank you cards are important to me too, I keep them on my fridge for a whole year!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous thank-you cards and what a great idea to go with Staples. I would have never considered them for that.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah im like that but they arnt. I mean my uncle burned all of his possessions because they took to much space even after i told him not to and that i wanted it. my mom threw everything in the trash except for our baby pictures which i snatched up before she had the chance. im glad that they will treasure that stuff.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're pretty lucky to have people in our lives that care about sentiments like thank you cards and keep those things as memories.
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that they will be tossed in the trash straight away and with it being less then 25 people id rather just take the time to call and say thank you for any gifts and thank everyone for coming in person

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with you on the importance of thank-you cards! I'm hoping we'll have a group shot to use (we have a really small wedding so it's a great way to send the group shot to each guest) but we'll see what we have when our photos are back!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll also be doing photo cards!! We might do the group photo too, if not, probably just a photo of us.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

High five!

Savings and Local ordering for what you wanted to do. Your card look amazing and true to yourselves. The group picture is a good idea instead of just you two.

Staples has been become big for invitations as Canada Post too has also varieties available now too to order.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's such a cool thing for a photographer to include!!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Turned out great!! we're doing photo cards too. They were included with our photographer so she will be making them with the picture of our choice.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was about $1 per card I think and took 5 days to print
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How much did it cost to print with staples and how long did it take for them to print? I actually came on the forum just now to ask where to get cards printed haha
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s great! My mom actually was smart and typed all her thank yous on clear labels and stuck them on her thank you cards.

This is wasnt for me, I prefer hand written so I’ll just take my time once it’s time!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In each of ours we also wrote a little something, to make it personal. As you can see in the picture there was a pre-printed thank you along with our names but that was mostly to save our hands from writing so much! Lol
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are cute! We did our Save the Dates with staples in the US!

We’ll be doing thank you cards. It’ll be a picture of the two of us for sure. I’ll have them blank I think so I can write on the back of them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics