Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Test time! The Results

Joey, on February 11, 2019 at 09:54 Posted in WeddingWire 0 12

Thanks for taking our little wedding planning quiz! How did you do?

Test time! The Results 1

Photo by DavewonFilm in Montreal

What is the cut of this ring called?

B) Marquis

What is the age limit for a flower girl and ring bearer?

D) None of these - your wedding party members can be any age at all!

What is the difference between a corsage and a boutonniere?

B) Corsages are worn by women, boutonnieres are worn by men. The words come from French, boutonniere comes from "button hole" where men could stick a flower in their lapel, and the word corsage comes from "corset" or "bodice". Despite the origins of the words having a gendered connotation, there is no difference required between the look and style of corsages and boutonnieres, especially pinned corsages which are made to be worn on a women's suit or tuxedo jacket (corsages can be made to be worn on the wrist, too). Nowadays the terms can almost be used interchangeably, and if the wearer is beyond the binary, call it whatever you want!

What is the name for the exit down the aisle after the ceremony?

A) Recessional

What is this cake style called?

B) Geode

A marriage license and marriage certificate are the same thing - true or false?

False - the license comes before the wedding and shows you are allowed to marry, the certificate comes after the wedding and proves you are married.

Complete the phrase "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue ___”

"and a sixpence in her shoe". Learn why by reading 10 Charms That’ll Bring You Good Luck on Your Wedding Day

When is the most popular month for a wedding?

D) October - in years past the early summer months have been most popular (in North America at least) but in just the last few years October has emerged as the most popular month to get married, followed very closely by September. Shout it out, fall couples!

If you're invited to a wedding but cannot go, do you send a gift?

A) Yes - traditional etiquette states that if you receive a wedding invitation you need to send a gift, even if you do not attend the wedding. This is different from showers, for example, where you only need to give a gift if you attend.

How should you convey registry information to your guests?

D) On your wedding website, or E) None of these. You can spread registry information by word of mouth or via your wedding website, or you can skip having a registry all together, of course. The only rules of traditional etiquette for this state that registry information cannot go on the invitation.

Time to add up your points!!! How many questions did you answer correctly?

giphy.gif

0-2 Points: You're a nuptial novice! Never fear, that's what WeddingWire is here for! Check out our Wedding Ideas section for all the etiquette you need-to-know.

giphy.gif

3-5 Points: You're a bridal beginner! You've got the basics and you're learning more every day. Keep asking questions in the Community to get all the answers you need.

giphy.gif

6-8 Points: You're an etiquette expert! You're a dream wedding guest and know all the rules like the back of your hand.

giphy.gif

9-10 Points: You're a wedding wizard! Move aside, wedding planners, you've got this covered.

Did you enjoy this test? I hope so! If you want to keep on playing be sure to visit How much do you REALLY know about wedding planning? Part 1, Fill in the blank!, Back to Basics, and What's Your Wedding Style? To start at the beginning go here - How much do you REALLY know about wedding planning? Part 2!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on February 19, 2019 at 22:14
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6, I am an etiquette expert lol..
    I am definitely not, I have to call my mom with questions constantly.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

7! I’m super super surprised that October is now the most popular wedding month, and tbh the one about the gift I had a feeling I was technically wrong but I personally just don’t agree with that.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It surprises me too! I remember 5 or 10 years ago it was all about June weddings, but thinking about the weddings I've been to in just the last 2 or 3 years a lot of them have been in October. Do you find the same thing, or are most of the weddings you attend or hear about in summer momths?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    6. Not quite as good as I thought I would do!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

8 out of 10. I'm surprised that October is the most popular month now!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

9/10! I never would have thought that October is the most popular month for weddings.

Is this in Canada AND the USA, or just Canada...or internationally?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Either 8/10 or 9/10. For the flower girl/ring bearer I did eventually state that it doesn't matter.

And Yasss October weddings!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8/10! I’m not surprised lol.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

9/10 ....I'll take it.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

8 out of 10 but I was surprise by this one!!!

When is the most popular month for a wedding?

D) October - in years past the early summer months have been most popular (in North America at least) but in just the last few years October has emerged as the most popular month to get married, followed very closely by September. Shout it out, fall couples!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

8/10 but really 8/9 because the question about sending a gift can vary - heck, I've had friends tell me that they have had their friends at the time attend their wedding and give nothing!! And they showed up the wedding empty handed! So had I known it was an etiquette question as opposed to just a fact that people can't be forced to give - I would have gotten it correct... besides, I put down that in my opinion you should give!

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8/10. Not too bad. 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics