Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arexy
Devoted October 2020 Ontario

Tent opinion

Arexy, on August 5, 2020 at 12:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 11
Hi guys - do you think a tent for a reception will be cold beginning of October? The winery said they can rent a couple of heaters if need be.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on August 14, 2020 at 17:29
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think one thing to consider too, is that you're not huddled together like you typically would be during a normal wedding. Even with 100 people, you're supposed to be spaced out and physically distanced, which increases cold air flow in the vicinity.

• Joanne
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met with a venue today and asked them about a tent reception and they said from all the October experiences they had, only one couple rented heaters but didn’t use them. They said the tent will be warm enough with the walls closed. I wonder how much renting portable heaters would cost? I would rather be prepared than have my guests feel cold Smiley sad
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was at a tent wedding last Thanksgiving weekend in October and it was freezing - and that was with all the tent walls up plus heat being pumped in to the tent. Things warmed up eventually with enough alcohol and dancing. But the ceremony itself was outside and everyone was in blankets lol.

• Joanne
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m worried about this as well. We plan to have our wedding Thanksgiving long weekend 2021. A venue we are interested in the ceremony will be outdoor and the reception would be in a tent. I’m concerned it may be too cold. We will have our grandparents there in their 90s
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I attended a tent wedding in mid October last year and it was REALLY cold. They had their 2 big heaters about 10ft away from the tent (not sure if they were allowed to put then right next to the tent) and people were fighting for the warmth by 6pm. It was so cold 90% of the guests left by 7pm and only max 10 people were dancing, most just bundled up. Even dancing it was so cold that we were wearing winter jackets and hats by 9pm. I left around 11.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October does have it chill times which you don't want your guests wearing jackets the whole evening. Renting the heaters would be helpful to have the warmth during the celebrations.

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing a tent wedding in Ontario for October of this year! We are renting heaters, and going to make sure it stays nice and warm in there. The only thing I'm a little worried about is rain, but you'll always have a chance of that no matter what time of year.

I really wanted 100 people, not 50, so hence the decision to change from our indoor venue to a tent wedding at my parents.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You may experience some chills in the evening, especially in formal wear. Nuit Blanche in Toronto is usually first weekend of October and by then, it gets fairly chilly at night, especially if it rains.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it would start to cool off (if it’s typical fall weather) around 7-8. As long as the winery isn’t right up against the lake, you should be ok.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The ceremony would be inside (probably at 4:30) and the reception in the tent. Due to the Covid restrictions and no dancing, it will probably be wrapped up by 11/11:30
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on how late you go and how the year turns out. If you’re thinking for this year, it will probably still be warm in October since it’s so blistering right now. If the winery has heaters, you should be okay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics