Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Tell us about your relationship - Who said "I love you" first?

Joey, on January 8, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 32

This week's quiz is all about love! I can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by celebrating the amazing relationships that bring you all here Smiley heart

Who was the bold romantic who said "I love you" first?

Tell us about your relationship - Who said "I love you" first? 1

Photo by Kyra Weston in Calgary

>>Click here to go to the next question, Where did you go on your first trip together?

32 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 29, 2021 at 13:50
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiancée, Trevor was the one who said 'I love you' first! 🥰

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did, he had been drinking and I knew he was about to say it and got upset with him and told him to not speak...he did anyways. The next morning he woke me up just to say it again so I knew he meant it.

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did. We had been together for 3 months, he was away skiing and we were on the phone and it just kinda slipped out!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did. Unintentionally. So I just had to own it.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was weird, I was scared to say it first but he knew because I didn't hide it. We were watching a movie and he said the he loved me too, I was surprised because I hadn't actually said it yet.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did! He asked first, “Is it to early to say I love you?” After being together for a month lol I was like yessss 😂 he’s so cute Smiley heart
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me. Oh lawdy... this story. Again, my fiance, veeerrrrry closed off. Very bad experience with his ex... I said 'I love you' on Valentine's Day (cheesy, I know), 3 months into dating.... I told him before I said it, I knew he wasn't there yet... He told me when he said it, I would know he meant it 100% with all his heart...

Little did I know that meant 7 months later!!! Jeeeeez.... Haha. Well now we're in it for life, so I guess he was telling the truth Smiley heart

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did! We had been going out for about 4 and a half months and it just felt right.
  • Elycia
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did...we had been going out for a little over a month and I wasn't ready to say it back. I kind of freaked out for a few days after that.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me. I was teasing him about something he did and then it kind of just slipped out. But it's ok.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did but I initiated that as well. I asked him how he knew he loved someone and he said I don't know and then I asked him if he loved me lol.
  • Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said he loved me the night we met. He just knew. He was also very drunk and I didn’t trust it at all. The next day I agreed to give it a shot and refused to ever bring up the L word again till six months later, when I turned to him in the car and said I love you too
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was the first one to say it. I didn’t want to have any regrets at all. I new I loved him very early on in the relationship was just waiting.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did, and it was on my birthday!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did! And it took him by surprise and he sure wasnt ready for it yet haha. But he got over that pretty quick and said it back about a month or so later.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did!!!!!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. And honestly... I broke up with him over it! I was only 15 so I’m pretty sure it just caught me off guard or something but I remember thinking “I’m too young to be in love”. So the next day, I broke up with him. We got back together a couple months later, and I eventually said it back. But he gave me the space I needed to figure everything out I guess. His family loves to brin that story up... and I’m pretty sure it will be mentioned at the wedding... lol
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like many of our “firsts” my fiancé said I love you first 😊
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did!

For weeks, we kept saying "I really really like you" haha.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were watching TV too! Well, the show had just finished. Actually, now that I think about it, the proposal kind of happened like that too...

• Shauna
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Jimmy!!!

He said it first.

• Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did but I had been burning inside to say it for the whole day and was just about to gain the courage to say it but he did first 💜 It was meant to be.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first.
  • Christine
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. The way he did it is in true Scott style. Hahaha. We were on a drive thru getting our dinner. He looked at me while waiting in line, said "You're a good woman and I love you". It was perfect. I cried like a baby.
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did! We were a long distance couple at the time and it was the night before I was going to go back home. We were laying there watching tv and talking and he said it first! He wasn’t sure if it was too early or not. We were dating for a few months. It was so cute
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He said it. I had been thinking about launching it out there but wasn't sure if I should (he was slow to commit and settle down at the beginning).

We were sitting on the couch watching TV and out of no where he said it. I literally gasped, and kissed him. Totally forgot to say it back for a bit!

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did, and it was very sweet Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did because I told myself I wouldn't be the first to say it because I knew I felt it way too quickly and didn't want to scare him away by saying it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did. I was ready to say it back--and did after I caught my breath! (He still talks about my reaction!)

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. We were lying in bed after a long horrible day at work and I was just down and out of it. He squeezed me and I looked up at him and he just stare at me for a few seconds, then he said it! I was shocked and I like pulled away for a second which really freaked him out but then I smile really big and told him I love him back. I had been wanting to say it for a long time but I was so scared.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I technically did but he didn't hear me right and I back pedaled and said I said something different. He said it first up at his cottage once when we went on vacation. He said it about 5 seconds before I could lol

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did, but I was so happy and shocked in the most wonderful way that I stared at him for longer than I intended before saying it back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics