Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Tell us about your relationship - Was it love at first sight?

Joey, on January 8, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

This week's quiz is all about love! I can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by celebrating the amazing relationships that bring you all here Smiley heart

When you first met, was it love at first sight? For either one of you?

Tell us about your relationship - Was it love at first sight? 1

Photo by Foto Flare Photography in Hamilton

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who asked who out first?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on September 6, 2018 at 09:15
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, we were friends for a while first and were both in other relationships

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sure was. We met September 11th, 2009 - and haven't spent a day apart since!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not, when we first met I couldn't stand him, he also had a girlfriend. Fast forward 3 years after I returned home from university and we were both single, he won me over and we have been inseparable ever since.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. We worked together for about 8 months first. I was even in another relationship (living with him) for most of that time. The first time we hung out outside of work though, we were all outside and I was shivering, and he just kept talking while he took off his sweater and gave it to me... I was pretty smitten after that.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not at all! We worked together for about 2 months before either of us noticed each other.
  • Elycia
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say it was love at loyalty. We had a platonic relationship for a while and it evolved into what we have now.
  • Amelia
    Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't say love at first sight because we met when we were 7/8 and were good friends for 10 years and then one night we were hanging out at a party and something just clicked and we've been together ever since. 5 years later we have 2 little girls and we're getting married!
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2019 Saskatchewan
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not at first site per say.. more like at first contact? It just felt like this peice I was missing from the start
  • Alisa
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Alisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had undenyable connection at first sight and our connection lasted for 4 years before we began dating
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not for me. Apparently FH was interested but he thought I was lesbian haha because I had a pixie hair cut and I ALWAYS hung around girls and never talked to guys at work or about them.

But that was because I was a sheltered child, if I ever talked to a guy I would put on the stand at home and ask if I was dating or interested in the guy so I just kind of naturally drifted away from the male gender lol

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, we were botb in other relationships when we met, but when they both ended we defiantly saw eachother 'for the first time' and there was no going back
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say there was definitely a connection but not love at first sight. I was a tad skeptical because I was never with someone shorter than me.
  • Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He swears up and down that it was for him. I knew he was sweet and all but I was SO not ready for that kind of thing. I was jaded and told him that if it was going to work he had to accept that I was never getting married. He said that’s okay. Never once did he try to change my mind. After six months I knew I was in love, and after almost two years I realized that I changed my mind on marriage, too
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my FH, it was. But when we first met I knew we connected really well, we just clicked, but I was with someone else at the time. I fell for him hard soon after we started dating though.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not first sight.... our second date (two days after our first date) we both knew we were meant for eachother. And we're getting married on the anniversary of our second date Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think so. I was only 14, he was 15. I don’t think you can truly know what love is at that age, regardless of how you may feel at the time. We had become fairly good friends before we started dating, and our relationship developed from there.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not love at first site.

But I had an immediate reaction the first time I saw him where I was like 'I want that.'.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not to sound corny or cliche, but it actually was... I couldn't take my eyes off of him and neither could he with me. I knew immediately he would be my person. And trust me, with my history of past relationships and a failed marriage, I don't say that lightly.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No. He thought I was cute off the bat but I was not interested. Until I was waiting for him to text me for dinner. He asked me if I would be interested in dinner when we met and then waited the traditional three days to ask me.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No it was not. However we were both attracted to each other right away. I didn't expect it because when we met, that day I had made no efforts to look cute or anything because I was in the middle of a hard college placement.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know we were both originally very attracted to one another but I don't think it was necessarily love at first sight.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say at first sight because we knew each other before we starting dating, however it was definitely love at first date!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics