Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Tell us about your relationship - How did you meet?

Joey, on January 8, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 24

This week's quiz is all about love! I can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by celebrating the amazing relationships that bring you all here Smiley heart

How did you and your special someone first meet?

Tell us about your relationship - How did you meet? 1

Photo by Purple Tree Wedding Photography in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, Was it love at first sight?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on September 6, 2018 at 09:14
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to university together

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at a party! my friends convinced me to come to introduce me to another guy, didn't like him at all but my FH totally stole my attention. We have been together everyday since.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at the dog park! We had both been going for a couple of months and occasionally interacted. We only knew each other by our dogs names. One day he introduced himself formally (I had already been curious about him and thought he was attractive). We started going to the park at the same time every day for a couple hours and would walk around and talk. One day he asked for my number and we made plans for a date. And the
    rest is history ❤️.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work when I was 16 but didn't start dating until about 3 years later when I returned home from university.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At work... I was the boss's daughter... and he was cute! Haha. He got a new job soon after we started dating... so it wasn't a conflict of interest too long.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met working at Turtle Jacks - I was a waitress and he was working in the kitchen. We bonded one night going out for smokes and grabbing a drink after work. He drove me home and I asked for his number lol. The rest was history.
  • Elycia
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online... We met in person when I asked him if he wanted to grab a burger
  • Alisa
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Alisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was my coworker!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Work. Denny's :p

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was my sous chef, didnt really pay attention to him until we worked and event together and instantly clicked
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in college in a Christian fellowship/bible study group.
  • Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at a Halloween party; I didn’t know anyone but I was there to support my friend who was in a new relationship and these were all his friends. I decided to be brave, dressed up as Wednesday Addams, got there and said my hellos to my friend and sat down next to the first person I saw, dressed as a mustard bottle, and said hello. The rest is history!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met the summer of 2015 when I was still with my ex. His roommate (a female) had a thing for one of of my FH's friends who (both) worked at the university I went to at the time. This roommate made baked goods for the guys and she wanted me to tag along (mostly because I had a car and it was raining that night) and I agreed since my ex wanted me to get to know his roommate better. We get to the university and my FH was working the office, his co-workers were on break. Luckily for me, this roommate wasn't interested in my FH and vice versa so he spent the whole time talking to me. A few days later, it was this roommate's birthday so a bunch of us, including my ex and FH, went to a bar. My FH was obviously hitting on me, I knew it and shrugged it off but he spent the whole evening with me, I barely talked with my ex that night (who was furious).

Awhile later, my ex and I broke up for many different reasons, some of it due to my FH, and a month later, my FH asked me out and the rest is history. Later he told me that he fell for me instantly that night and would not shut up about me so his co-workers basically made him ask me out lol. He was also told that he was going to marry me someday.

• Brittany
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online but it’s funny because we have several mutual friends and it turns out we’ve been at the same place as one another a few times but just don’t know it! The internet just fast-tracked the process I think Smiley smile
  • T
    Newbie March 2019 Ontario
    Tai ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This one is kind of embarrassing but here we go

Tinder. We met on Tinder....what makes it so bizarre is that we actually lived in buildings across the street from one another and walked our dogs in the same park for three years but never met until I moved to Richmond Hill and got on the website 🤣🤣🤣
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love reading all these stories!

We met in high school. We had a lot of mutual friends but never really talked mich until we ended up on the same bus route home. He would always sit one seat in from of me and we would chat about guns and hunting haha.

A couple years later we ended up sitting beside each other in a physics class and just grew to be very good friends.
    About a year after that we finally started dating Smiley smile
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on Plenty of Fish!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in high school. He was he new kid and I didn’t recognize his name when the teacher did attendance. So at lunch, me and my friends went over and introduced ourselves. We were dating 3 months later.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through work. Worked in the same building, but for totally different department/companies. When I started they took me around to the different departments and introduced me to people. I remember the first moment I saw him, I thought he was the most beautiful thing ever.

Apparently he doesn't remember that moment though. lol.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TINDER! And I'm not ashamed to say it! I work as a nurse with a full time + schedule and a 7 year old daughter. I had absolutely no time to meet anybody the normal way. He was a university student and also didn't have time with his schedule. We both weren't really sure what was going to come from it but I'm glad we both tried it out.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to visit my brother for the weekend (he lives 5 hours away). He called me the day before I was leaving to let me know he had a friend coming up as well and did I want him to call his friend to see if I could catch a ride. I agreed. Got a ride with this friend. It was so easy to talk to him (I'm pretty shy) and we had 10 hours in the car together that weekend. When he dropped me off back home, he asked me for dinner.

I found a few months into our relationship that my brother had actually wanted to set us up on a blind date when his friend first moved back to where I was living. But, he thought I wouldn't like that (which he was right!)

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was having dinner with a mutual friend, and he was at a bar other his best friend. They both noticed our mutual friend was with a girl when he started posting pictures on snapchat so they wanted to find out who I was. They invited us to the bar, I was in school at the time and o have an early morning of placement So I didn't want to go but they convinced me. They originally through me and this mutual friend were together but we were not. So we arrive at the bar, they buy us drinks and we played pool for hours. And I embarrassingly knocked over and smashed a beer bottle all over the bar floor.. to this day he says I instantly caught his attention and the beer thing was cute lol
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met while he was working at FutureShop. I went in as a customer and we ended up talking for a few hours.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at our part-time jobs while we were in University, we also went to the same University as well! Although it took him 3 years to ask me out Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics