Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Super January 2020 Ontario

Tell Me all about Booking your First Vendor!!!

Caitlyn, on July 8, 2019 at 17:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26
Every couple has to start somewhere with planning!

One of of the most exciting points in my journey so far in planning was booking my first vendor!

My first vendor was my venue, the Eglinton Grand! We had wanted to book the venue first before any vendors as it would be the largest cost, would influence the theme/look/feel of our wedding, and would effect our wedding date. It was the first venue that we visited and we both walked out of the initial meeting feeling like it was perfect for us. The upcoming wedding and marriage just seemed so much more real once we signed that contract and officially had booked something for the wedding. The wedding planning ball was officially rolling!!!!

How was the first vendor you guys all booked?

How many vendors did you check out before you found “the one” and how long into your engagement did you book your first vendor?

How did that first booking make you feel? Relieved? Excited? Accomplished? Anxious? Like your wedding was finally becoming real?

Tell me all about it!!!

26 Comments

Latest activity by Miav, on July 24, 2019 at 23:04
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked our venue first! Looked at about 4 different places, but we like that venue the most and booked it after a week. It is all very exciting and it felt even more exciting after that! From then on we had a date set and more direction for booking other vendors

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue was first venue to book. Since its the biggest expense and the one that has to coordinate with evrrything else...
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also started with our vendor, the Ancaster Mill. We actually picked it during a 'dream wedding' conversation 5 months in, so we were so excited when they were able to accommodate us.

We arranged a meeting, and everyone was so nice and genuinely interested in making our day a success (which as a same-sex couple, that's not the way everyone is). We attended their wedding vendor fair, and the team remembered us and made us feel well taken care of all over again! Even when we go to the restaurant for dinner (cause the food is to die for), the staff are so great, and congratulate us on our upcoming big day.

Seeing that we booked it makes us both so excited for the wedding. Zero regrets here for sure!

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a relief! I was so glad that our venue looks after the food too.
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is fantastic! No venue regrets, I am so glad.
  • Rebecca
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first vendor was also our venue after 2 months of being engaged.

After feeling a bit defeated from emailing what felt like an endless amount of venues to narrowing it down to a top five within budget...we saw all 5 venues before finding the one. The more we learned about our venue the more we feel absolutely in love with it and I couldn't be happier with our choice Smiley smile

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first vendor was also our venue! It was the second place we visited and it fit our needs so perfectly! They’ll be doing our catering AND decor which was a huge stress reliever for us.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first vendor my fiancé and I booked was also our venue! We looked at a few, but decided not to look at others after seeing "the one." We began looking a month or two after our engagement, I think.

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so nice that your venue will do that for you. It helps so you can save up a little longer for the deposit, but not lose your venue and the date.

• M
    Beginner July 2021 New Brunswick
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first booking was our photographer. Our venue said they are going to contact us when someone else inquires about the same date, then we need to place the deposit ( a kinda friend in the community)
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first vendor was also our venue! We wanted to nail down where we were getting married so we could start basing our other vendors off our location (we had 3 different cities in mind - Thunder Bay, London, Windsor). We checked out around 2-3 for each city, so nearly 6-9 venues but we only saw the one in person, which was the one my parents were pushing more for lol. We ended up going with that one since it was our favourite for that city (London).

We officially booked it 20 months before our wedding, so 4 months into our engagement. The venue search itself wasn't stressful, but finding which city was. We ended with London since it is the most central to people - it didn't matter where the wedding was, 75-90% would have to travel quite a ways. Once we picked our city, the venue came quickly, and we were excited to have our location!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely. And they are so good about answering emails immediately and answering all of my absurd questions.
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One stop shop! It's so great when the venue takes care off all those other little things as well, less for you to worry about and organize.

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay for choosing your first venue like us! I hadn't heard of a venue that only lets you book a year in advance, but at least you got it and you are happy!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first vendor was our venue. We booked with The Venue in Peterborough. We went in for a showing (our first venue showing) because I had seen photos outside their window of other weddings and just had to go check it out. I honestly didn't think we would be able to afford it but holy moly their packages are unbelievable. We booked with them within like 3 or 4 days. And it was the best decision they are so helpful. And everything is looked after food, coordinator, set up and tear down, audio visual equipment, ect. We just needed a dessert caterer, DJ, officiant, florist, and photographer. It's made planning much easier than it would have been.
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked our venue/photographer on the same day. I always wanted to have this specific photographer so I was so excited to be able to do so!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked our venue first. It was actually the only venue we ended up looking at and absolutely LOVED it. I looked at quite a few online, but they were all way out of our budget. We visited in July, and couldn't officially book it until September. They only let you book one year in advance.

But, we did it, and it's beautiful and I am so happy we chose this venue.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked our venue first because everything would have to work around it. I must have looked at 40-50 places online (and contacted each one) before I narrowed it down to 20 or so that I liked. Then I was able to book dates to see around 8 or 9, then went from there.

And as for when it became real, like, every day it is getting SO REAL. It's 25 days to go and I don't think it's completely hit me yet. I have random moments where I'm super calm, or my eye is constantly twitching from stress lol.

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s great that it was so quick and easy! Knowing exactly what you want ahead of time makes everything so much better and easier, I can be so indecisive though lol
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue! We knew well before the proposal where we wanted to get married. So within 24 hours of being engaged I had emailed the venue to lock it down! We did not even check out any other venues. The first booking was great, such an easy smooth process. We went down for a walk through and then got a contract and signed it within a few days. Felt very excited and relieved!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First vendor was our Venue.

We physically looked at 2 other venues and this was the 3rd! We got engaged Dec. 30th 2017 and had our venue booked by mid February 2018 for our October 2019 wedding Smiley smile

Made it feel real and like there was no going back now that we put like $2,000 down Smiley tongue

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is such a good deal on the venue!

It it does really help when your venue does their own food so there’s one less thing to book and worry about.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue was the first vendor booked to get our day of celebrations with its beautiful views and nature aspect. Having family and close friends except 1 staying with us.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Much like you, me and my FH started the planning process early. Most vendors here in Halifax are fine to 6 months in advance, except photographers which are like 18 months....lol.

So, to be able to book a photographer, we got a venue early, which was our first vendor. We toured five places, narrowed down to a top three, and took the leap! I was glad we nailed down the venue (which is also handling the catering...two for one!). It was a huge rush of relief and excitement, because it meant we could actual start planning with a confirmed date....which is the first thing every vendor asks! LOL.

Below is a picture of the space....best part was the price $500.00 (food additional)

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Such early planning! It’s crazy that some vendors and venues book that far in advance.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first vendor was our venue which we booked before we even got engaged as it was a high demand venue.

I visited it once with my parents and once with Mat and he loved it right away. So we booked it.

i think it was good they were booked first and it set our monetary obligations a bit more realistic than they perhaps were to start.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics