Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Tell me about your Mini-moon

Breanne, on August 1, 2018 at 14:32 Posted in Honeymoon 0 17

Hello Brides,

My wedding is in just over two weeks (Eeeeekkkk!) and due to the beautiful August weather we wanted to hold off on taking our dream honeymoon until late winter/early spring next year.

Instead, we have chosen to go on a little mini-moon for a few days and are going to spend 5 days/4 nights in Nashville which we just booked this week! I love the idea of a little getaway with the new spouse after months of spent planning and saving.

So tell me - do you have any plans for a mini-moon? Where are you going and why? Whether it be getting on a plane and going away for a few days, staying in a fancy hotel or locking yourselves in a romantic remote cabin, it all seems so special Smiley heart

17 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on August 7, 2018 at 20:59
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so great, indulgent and relaxing!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Jamaica is so great! Especially at that time of year. Have you decided on a resort/place to stay?
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such a great idea! I am totally feeling the same about saving our honeymoon until the winter/early spring of next year. Nashville will be so fun! My FH and I have abookrd a few nights at Pillar and Post (an inn, in Niagara on the Lake) we went there for one of our first getaways when we first started dating and had the best experience. We had gone in the winter so I am looking forward to going in the fall!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a mini-moon/FH's 30th birthday a month before our wedding and going on our honeymoon right after the wedding. I'm surprising him by renting a cottage sort-of near our house for the weekend to have some time for ourselves/relax before the wedding.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not doing a “Mini-Moon” just a Honeymoon.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's exactly what were doing! Married in May 2019! Honeymoon probably in fall next year! Our venue is attached to a hotel, married on a Friday night we got a honeymoon suite for 2 nights after! Very mini mini moon but after everything to sleep all day in bed with my husband is all I want~
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married in January, kind of purposely to be able to go straight on the honeymoon, and celebrate our anniversaries at a time of year we can escape the snow/rain.

I kind of wish now we'd have the excuse of a mini-moon, so we could do 2 trips... haha. But our honeymoon is 13 days to the Caribbean, so I can't complain too much.

• Erin
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning to get married on Vancouver Island so we're thinking Tofino or Salt Spring island would be a nice extra few days and easy enough to plan incorporate without having it be just something else to plan. The island offers the relaxation I think we will need after all the planning! For a big one I would love to do a backpack trip around Thailand or go with an all inclusive somewhere in Mexico Smiley smile

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am jealous. I have always been the one who have to plan for our trips. I would love to have my Fiance planning it for us but I don't see that's happening.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so kind!

I actually haven't planned any of my honeymoon. My partner LOVES vacation planning - like it's sort of insane. He has a whole spreadsheet and itinerary laid out of what we're doing haha.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a mini-moon in Whistler - just three days, two nights, but staying in a nice hotel and planning on a couple nice dinners, in addition to the white water rafting trip we've booked up there!

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    HI Courtney, I was originally from Indonesia. If you need any advice or any suggestion on places to visit, feel free to message me. Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to BC! My passport had expired and I decided not to renew it before changing my name. We just wanted to get away and relax, not do too many touristy things.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is sort of our mini-moon at the same time. We are from Winnipeg and will be getting married in Canmore. We are staying at a condo for a few days prior to and after the wedding (not in the same hotel as out guests!) and will do a more elaborate honeymoon sometime following - still TBD where, as the wedding in next August. Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married in July, and didn't want to take a holiday during the summer months. We are going to Indonesia for 23 days in September.

Right after our wedding, we just did two nights (night of the wedding + 1 more night) in Toronto. We stayed at the Ritz which was nice! The Sunday (so the day after the wedding) we went and saw the play Wicked in the afternoon, came back, had a nap, went down to dinner in the nice hotel resturant where they gave us free dessert and free bubbly, then went back up to our room where there was MORE complimentary dessert and bubbly from the hotel. We got in bed, watched bad tv and drank bubbly. It was the best day I could have asked for.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in a month and for our honeymoon we’re thinking Jamaica in January and we have Canmore booked for a week after wedding for our mini moon! We’re in Sask so it’s about an 8 hr drive to get to the mountains 😊😊
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If we don't end up just going on a honeymoon right away I think that we will end up going to a resort somewhere here in Winnipeg or not too far out so we don't spend too much. Basically a fancy hotel will do for us!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics