Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexis
Devoted July 2021 Ontario

Teeth whitening

Alexis, on April 21, 2021 at 20:45 Posted in Beauty 0 8
I was considering getting my teeth whitened at the dentist before the wedding but I was concerned about going to the dentist unnecessarily during covid. And then I googled the prices haha I am definitely wanting to go the at home route. I have sensitive teeth so I’m a little nervous about it but I want my teeth to look nice for the wedding too and I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee so they are not how I want them to look at our wedding.

Have you found a good teeth whitening method for your wedding?

8 Comments

Latest activity by DrakeHeyman, on February 19, 2024 at 11:23
  • Ricky
    Newbie February 2024 Ontario
    Ricky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you would ask your dentist if there is an affordable option they recommend

• Andrea
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m actually going to the dentist a couple months ago before my wedding date. They are charging me $250 for custom teeth whitening trays. I have very sensitive teeth and low enamel so I would not trust crest etc.. the professional custom trays don’t make your teeth anymore sensitive or ruin more of your enamel.
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! That’s really comforting. My biggest worry has been looking back at photos and seeing coffee stained teeth in all the pictures lol
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have really sensitive teeth and haven't found anything that works without being really painful Smiley sad

For what it's worth, I don't notice my teeth looking stained or anything in any of my wedding photos. I think it's something that's probably a nice to do but definitely not necessary. But I hope you find something that works!

• Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊 Ya I got really into white strips as a teenager and it is probably why I have so much sensitivity 🙈 thank you
    I hope your gums aren’t too painful
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s way better than google said!! It was saying it starts at $650 lol
    I will definitely look into that! Thank you
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used at home kits a few years ago when they were all the rage and it may be the cause of my receding gums. Totally wish I hadn't messed with my mouth!

I would ask your dentist if there is an affordable option they recommend and that they trust. They might have a toothpaste or mouthwash, or even a recipe that they think would be best for you.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel this!!! I was told to avoid the at home ones because if sensitivity but hopefully someone can speak to it. I have an enamel genetic condition so my enamel is not smooth and therefore stains more easily. Most over the counter treatments wouldn't work for me. I have been using the whitening trays from the dentist since I was in grade 10! Honestly, to me they're worth the cost but compared to white strips I don't think it's that bad. I got new trays done before our wedding and it was actually only $150. It comes with enough solution to do another round when needed (a full round won't be needed for a long time). It's about $40 or so for refills and lasts me more than one round. To me it was worth it because I trust it to work, but I totally get wanting to try something that costs less and many people seem to have luck with the drugstore products! I have used the Crest HD white two step toothpaste with minimal success - better than nothing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics