Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharlene
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Teeth whitening

Sharlene, on December 27, 2018 at 12:57 Posted in Beauty 0 9

I am looking for recommendations for the best teeth whitening products that you have used and had great success with.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on January 29, 2019 at 15:33
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dentist has this teeth whitening kit on sale for $100 that seems like it's for 8 treatments (or maybe 4? May have misread the case) and I think I want to look into that. It comes with a generic looking teeth mold, syringes with the gel in it, and a light looking thing. Has anyone done or heard of this?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got actual professional molds taken at our dentist office. They were going to make them for $99 each, and we were on the fence, so he told us he'd do them for free as a 'wedding gift'... so we actually do a 7-10 day bleach tray treatment (you stop when your teeth are the shade you want them to be).

If you don't go the dentist route, Crest 3D Pro White Strips are the best (you want to avoid tea, coffee and red wine for the few weeks that you're doing them leading up to the wedding, or it counteracts the effects.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I shall watch for a sale on the Crest white strips and try them and if that isn't working for me then I will consult my dentist at my next visit.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This!! Except you can also buy mouth guards at walmart that are a lot cheaper and can still hold the whitening gel! They aren't the exact shape of your teeth like the dentist would make but hey it can save you a couple hundred! I plan on trying out the strips! I tried them once and it burned my gums pretty badly..... but everyone seems to swear by them!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check with your dentist. my dentist offers the mold (its pricey. 300). but its customized to your teeth/mouth which is great. and then you can buy the whitening product and do it at home. and its like $10-20 a month (depending on how often you whiten). my hygienist whitens once a week and it costs her $10 a month. she will whiten more often if she has an event

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% agree with 3D Crest White. Shoppers Drug Mart has great discounts on them too!

Teeth whitening 1
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I spent just over 100 and got my teeth molded at the dentist; then I did at-home treatments nightly (sitting with the whitening gel in the molds - it's annoying and gag worthy but it works) but I will also say, if you have any teeth that are capped or not natural than most store bought whitening solutions won't work well for you. I have had cosmetic work done on my teeth, so because they're not natural I needed to go that route. That all depends on your insurance plan, but I'd talk with your dentist first before spending money on anything.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I too only use the Crest White strips and they work great! Then again I don't like the look of completely white teeth as they make your teeth look unnatural IMO so if you want the WHITE teeth I would look into professional teeth whitening at your local dentist.

3D Crest White StripsTeeth whitening 2

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I both used the white strips. We’ve noticed a difference. But it can make your teeth sensitive so best to use toothpaste for sensitive teeth of you use the strips.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics